Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was Chelsea Poppens. IIRC she does not talk about it.
My MIL actually has a recoding of them (not sure who did it) inside the cooler as it hit. The crazy screaming is mostly my MIL.

Regarding the car wash. My FIL said when they came out a guy as standing in front and part of his scalp was pealed back, a brick smacked him is what he heard.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just got a call from an old ISU buddy. Had big heart attack last night and in hospital in DSM Complicated by him testing positive for COVID after he got there. Was actually with his doctor when he had it or he won't have made it. He lives alone like I do. If that sort of thing happens at home you aren't going to make it. Sort of sobering for us living alone peeps.
Exactly the thought that crossed our mind when Lew had his stroke. If we had been home asleep, or he had been out in the garagemahal, there's not telling what delays might have occurred.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Exactly the thought that crossed our mind when Lew had his stroke. If we had been home asleep, or he had been out in the garagemahal, there's not telling what delays might have occurred.
Same when my dad had a heart attack when I was a kid. It had snowed, heavy wet snow. I went out to start on it as he was not feeling well. Turns out he was having a heart attack (likely also had one that he didn't go in for a couple of days before), who knows what would have happened if he had been out there shoveling as well.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What’s the rules when it’s a juvenile versus adult crime? I’m getting nervous for my youngest. I have a feeling that one of these games he’s going to walk into the dugout after the inning and beat the crap out of one of these JV pitchers who is throwing the ball everywhere but his glove in the game. Although as tired as he looks walking back to the dugout he may not have the energy to do too much.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What’s the rules when it’s a juvenile versus adult crime? I’m getting nervous for my youngest. I have a feeling that one of these games he’s going to walk into the dugout after the inning and beat the crap out of one of these JV pitchers who is throwing the ball everywhere but his glove in the game. Although as tired as he looks walking back to the dugout he may not have the energy to do too much.

Pitching staff a little inexperienced this yr or just bad?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Pitching staff a little inexperienced this yr or just bad?
Uuuhhh…..:yes. It a both with that. Honestly, my youngest is the most accurate JV pitcher but no one else will catch so he’s stuck there. The first warm up pitch of the second pitcher was 3 foot over and 5 foot to the right of my kid. My son told me that the pitching was so bad that even the ump and the other batters were making fun of it with him while batting. The other coach stopped sending runners home on past balls because he was feeling bad for the crapshow my son had to try to catch.

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can look up the date of the HS golf tournament I was playing in the day the F-5 hit Charles City, May 15, 1968. Remember playing in the rain and watching the skies. Had old leather grips and couldn't hang on for crap.
How I now picture Boxster:

hurricane-irma.gif

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Uuuhhh…..:yes. It a both with that. Honestly, my youngest is the most accurate JV pitcher but no one else will catch so he’s stuck there. The first warm up pitch of the second pitcher was 3 foot over and 5 foot to the right of my kid. My son told me that the pitching was so bad that even the ump and the other batters were making fun of it with him while batting. The other coach stopped sending runners home on past balls because he was feeling bad for the crapshow my son had to try to catch.
I have no idea what the problem is without eyeballing it but JV pitching is all about throwing it over the plate. Velocity needs to be secondary. Just throw it where they can hit it in the bottom half of the zone and put it in play so the defense can do it’s job. Overthrowing at that level influences accuracy. I’m guessing whoever is coaching never pitched.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have no idea what the problem is without eyeballing it but JV pitching is all about throwing it over the plate. Velocity needs to be secondary. Just throw it where they can hit it in the bottom half of the zone and put it in play so the defense can do it’s job. Overthrowing at that level influences accuracy. I’m guessing whoever is coaching never pitched.
Wouldn't overthrowing also lead to injury to the throwing arm on kids that have not fully developed their muscle mass yet?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How I now picture Boxster:

hurricane-irma.gif

It instilled in me a strong sense of "I will not play in the rain or in threatening weather." Co-workers leading our golf league were idiots like Carl. I lead a mutiny after nine-holes of scheduled 18 once when those idiots won't cancel.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Actually it’s a new coach this year and he was a college pitcher. Son caught for him in some live batting practice and he can really move the ball the youngest said. It’s that he got enamored with the new to be freshman since he works in the middle school and they are fundamentally bad. It’s never their fault and they keep trying to blame my kid for their poor accuracy, one said he didn’t give him a good enough target. Kinda hard when you can barely move since 75% of the throws aren’t even catchable.

Just because someone has pitched doesn’t make them good. I was the most help to my daughter pitching softball than my wife who pitched. I focused on the hips on down first. Got the foot work where it needed to be and hit on consistency. Get the bottom half right and the rest is a cakewalk.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just got a call from an old ISU buddy. Had big heart attack last night and in hospital in DSM Complicated by him testing positive for COVID after he got there. Was actually with his doctor when he had it or he won't have made it. He lives alone like I do. If that sort of thing happens at home you aren't going to make it. Sort of sobering for us living alone peeps.
I'm sorry. My mom hasn't been doing well and has been staying with my sister for a while. She wants to go home but we are really nervous about that. She does have a good relationship with a couple of neighbors but that's asking a lot of them to check on her every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron