Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Thanksgiving! Ho, ho, ho!

4Ppd.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Except I didn’t see anything except ESPN app replays. Maybe that’s the good luck charm for away games.
Couldn't watch either but we listened on the Cyclone app on the drive down to Iowa. I don't mind CW, he has great enthusiasm, but Mrs. Velo was ready to reach through the radio and wring his neck if he said, "the former Hawkeye," one more time when referring to Nunge.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Couldn't watch either but we listened on the Cyclone app on the drive down to Iowa. I don't mind CW, he has great enthusiasm, but Mrs. Velo was ready to reach through the radio and wring his neck if he said, "the former Hawkeye," one more time when referring to Nunge.
If you want to watch the game, there's a link to a vid of it. I can't remember if it was in the game thread or the Fran Fraschilla thread, but it was posted in the last 12 hours so a quick scroll back through them should locate it pretty quickly. You'll see what I mean about Nunge's supercilious resting ***** face.

• Love
Reactions: VeloClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Sounds like the perfect excuse to celebrate twice...

;) :p :D:cool:
:campbell:
Nearly 30 year tradition. The kids went to their other parents on Thursday, then we all gathered at our place on Saturday. Lew & I would spend Thursday at our church, serving a community wide Thanksgiving dinner. Those were the days when I would bake 15 or so pies on Wednesday for the community dinner, then 6-8 more on Friday for the Saturday family dinner. My poor old thumbs just can't take that much rolling out of pie dough any more, so I'm down to just baking for the family now, and they're so scattered that we don't have the 20-25 for dinner any more so I only have to make 4 or 5 pies.
And before you suggest it, when Lew moved into my house waaaaay back when, I made him throw out the frozen pie crust he had. I wouldn't even allow it in my house. I despise fake crusts. Yes, I'm an elitist when it comes to pie crust. ;)

Reactions: fcclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nearly 30 year tradition. The kids went to their other parents on Thursday, then we all gathered at our place on Saturday. Lew & I would spend Thursday at our church, serving a community wide Thanksgiving dinner. Those were the days when I would bake 15 or so pies on Wednesday for the community dinner, then 6-8 more on Friday for the Saturday family dinner. My poor old thumbs just can't take that much rolling out of pie dough any more, so I'm down to just baking for the family now, and they're so scattered that we don't have the 20-25 for dinner any more so I only have to make 4 or 5 pies.
And before you suggest it, when Lew moved into my house waaaaay back when, I made him throw out the frozen pie crust he had. I wouldn't even allow it in my house. I despise fake crusts. Yes, I'm an elitist when it comes to pie crust. ;)
Lard pie crusts for the win.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! A cardinal and I have been watching a couple 'pole assassins' empty the bird feeders. My mom even put pumpkins out for them to eat, they ignore them.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Been awhile since coming in. I missed a few birthday posts.

A few in here are friends on Facebook and may have seen my post. For those that aren't this day is far from a happy day for myself. It was a year ago today I lost my grandma to covid. Not sure this holiday will ever be a happy one ever again.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

A few in here are friends on Facebook and may have seen my post. For those that aren't this day is far from a happy day for myself. It was a year ago today I lost my grandma to covid. Not sure this holiday will ever be a happy one ever again.
It doesn’t have to happy to be special.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

You may not remember me mentioning this before, but my mother died just a few days after Thanksgiving. I gather my memories of her every year around this time, and hold them close. She taught me to make a pie crust, to make cornbread pecan stuffing, how to baste and roast a turkey, and most importantly...how to make smooth gravy from the drippings.
You will always miss your grandmother, Rulzzz. But try to remember the specialness of the Thanksgivings you had with her instead of regretting the ones you will no longer have. I'm sure that's what she would want you to do.

Blessings to you, friend.

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My mom proved her determination even after she passed. Received a phone call yesterday from a county person. About 15 years ago we were having issues due to the DNR buying a farm near us and cutting tile. It backed water up into one of our fields. The DNR, NRCS and county were out there pointing fingers at each other but nobody would do anything.

This guy said he will be out next week to work on this issue due to a request placed a year or so ago by my mom (she passed 10/2019). So either her ghost placed it or it is from 10+ years ago. Well, will need to swing by her grave and let her know she did win.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

My grandpa died on my moms birthday in 2012. I make sure I don’t post or say anything on that day. Always do it the few days after, that might help you in the grieving process?

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Think what she would want for you. My dad died the day before his grand daughter was going to Europe. We told her he would want her to go and enjoy herself.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Wow just had a package delivered before 10am. Mail lady had a nice, newer Chrysler van, instead of her usual Buick LeSabre, so she must be doing packages instead of regular mail today.

Status
Not open for further replies.