Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Is that the inside of the "Hawkeyes on my belly" house?
So on a whim I decided to Google Hawkeye Kitchen and I found this

thumb.aspx

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I mean I really should not have to say this, but I'll remind you that you're mostly inexperienced amateurs on this age stuff. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Have to note that KC/Lew are doing pretty well as junior elders as they look to be killing the travel thingie.

Last edited:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
When I was young my mom taught me how to sew buttons and patches so while I am rusty, I can still do it. Sewed a couple of buttons earlier this year. When this Covid nonsense all started a I sewed myself a mask by hand when you couldn't find any in the stores.
My stitches got pretty good near the end.
I've been sewing my own stuff since I left home at 18. Mostly buttons and patches, but I did sew my Navy rank patch on my shirt sleeve, on my flight home from bootcamp. Now I let Wifeypoo do the sewing -- she has a machine and knows how to use it.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I actually learned to sew on a button from a friend in college. That may be the most important thing I learned during college.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
First dead mouse of the season, another sign of fall. In the furnace room, haven't had one breach the inside garage wall in several years. Jaws is still the best mouse chopper ever.

mousetraps-lowres-0120.jpg

Last edited:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
About 10 years ago my Mom asked me what age I would pick if I could go back and I said 31 without hesitation. Young enough to still do everything I could at 20 but a little smarter.

I would always say 26, but 31 would work also.

I was 35 when we moved to Iowa. I think about that, and then think how "I was just a baaaayyyy-beeee" (Not really, but just weird)

Status
Not open for further replies.