Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've been sewing my own stuff since I left home at 18. Mostly buttons and patches, but I did sew my Navy rank patch on my shirt sleeve, on my flight home from bootcamp. Now I let Wifeypoo do the sewing -- she has a machine and knows how to use it.
Sometimes I think about buying a sewing machine and learning how to use it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was looking up salaries in India for systems programmers. It's no wonder they send so much of our work over there. Average pay about $4,900/yr
Of course you get what you pay for.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
First dead mouse of the season, another sign of fall. In the furnace room, haven't had one breach the inside garage wall in several years. Jaws is still the best mouse chopper ever.

mousetraps-lowres-0120.jpg
Half a dead one in our driveway yesterday that was gone today. Also one for stuck “enough” on a sticky trap in the basement a couple of weeks after a trap got one in the same square foot. I’m sure there are more because of so much crap in our basement.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@cmjh10 first of all, st Louis can **** off. Second, did you watch survivor last nigh?
You can **** off. Gonna win it all this year!

Didnt quite get half way, then went to bed. Probably won’t watch the rest till next week. Just not really feeling it yet.
NO SPOILERS!!!
I'm TIVO'ing a bunch of shows that we won't be watching for two weeks.

Reactions: SaraV

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
With 2 sisters in or near Blacksburg and another moving there in the next couple of months they keep telling me I should get a place out there. I enjoy looking at houses on Zillow and sometimes you see some stuff that makes you wonder what they were thinking

View attachment 90150

Those top cabinets Birch? It's dated but I could live there.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
NO SPOILERS!!!
I'm TIVO'ing a bunch of shows that we won't be watching for two weeks.
I was at a tailgate and they started talking about a Thursday night NFL game that I hadn't been able to watch so I asked them to stop since I hadn't had a chance to watch it yet. They guy just kept going and spilled the beans. He informed me that there is a 48 hour rule on that. So I guess you are out of luck.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I was at a tailgate and they started talking about a Thursday night NFL game that I hadn't been able to watch so I asked them to stop since I hadn't had a chance to watch it yet. They guy just kept going and spilled the beans. He informed me that there is a 48 hour rule on that. So I guess you are out of luck.
Yeah, no way is it 48 hours (not that you were saying that was correct). I get that there are limits on spoilers and that they are shorter for sports. But it definitely should be at least through Sunday and probably closer to a week.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Been giddy since last night (proves I'm old). Was informed that both of my oldest two kids are coming home this weekend. So all will be here. Was thinking that it is like my birthday or something, and then realize my birthday is just around the corner, and next weekend my son has a band competition and then the ISU game will put us away. The following weekend the wife will be gone, so it is possible this might be the reason........ I don't want them to feel like they need to come for that. Hopefully they are just coming home because they want to and don't feel like they need to since my family never did anything for my birthday since it was always during harvest.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Yeah, no way is it 48 hours (not that you were saying that was correct). I get that there are limits on spoilers and that they are shorter for sports. But it definitely should be at least through Sunday and probably closer to a week.

4+ days for a game, especially while at a sporting event? Seems a little extreme.

My thoughts would be:
-2 weekends for movies.
-1 weekend for TV shows.
-36-48 hrs max for sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron