Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My guess is that it wouldn't be allowed. All students have to download and use the Workday app to enter their start and stop times, every time they work. If they forgot a stop time, the system would send a message. The supervisor can edit their student employee's time. I always use the website.
That, at least, would have been a helluva lot easier to work with. I had to add up all the hours and input them every 2 weeks. When they filled out those little cards, there was just waaaaaay too much freedom to exaggerate hours.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Flipping channels came across Gregory Hines and Sammy Davis Jr. doing a tap off. They were 2 talented dudes. I always liked the movie White Nights with Hines and Baryshnikov haven't seen it yrs though don't know if it holds up or not, but I liked it at the time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Flipping channels came across Gregory Hines and Sammy Davis Jr. doing a tap off. They were 2 talented dudes. I always liked the movie White Nights with Hines and Baryshnikov haven't seen it yrs though don't know if it holds up or not, but I liked it at the time.
Guessing it wasn’t live?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

Was it this? The ending is absolutely priceless.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
MrsWx's aunt brought over some bar height chairs that they weren't using anymore for use at our island. They are awesome other than the fact that I am pretty sure I am smelling smoke from her uncle now.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looks like I am going to miss my 100 miles walkabout goal for February by a few miles. My old friend the right foot metatarsals stress fracture is back. Been bothering me some as it did when I used to run and been getting worse. When the first thing I notice upon waking in the morning is foot pain I usually shutdown and that happened this morning.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Did last night. $2.54.

Did one car this morning...a smidge of a wince when I saw the price per gallon.

SPEAKING of cars...

So ye olde car that needed spark plugs and wires actually sounded weirder when we got it back...kind of a hissing noise when you hit the accelerator, and it wasn't there before. Brought it back to the mechanic, and they say "Oh, x and y now need replacing..." (I'll spare the details) Needless to say, it was way too much money on top of the rest of the money we'd already thrown at it the past 30 days. The saying is something like throwing good money after bad?

Longer story short, after a few days of research by a friend, and a couple of test drives, we ended up buying this.

2008 GMC Acadia, 110k, and a very good price. We pulled the rug out from under a couple of people who wanted to test drive later today. Thing is quite tricked out, and we can't wait for road trips and tailgating with it.

@GTO and @BoxsterCy , we THINK the official color is white diamond tricoat. Unoffcial color? Vanilla. ;):cool:

Attachments

• 20210227_133726_compress60.jpg
    20210227_133726_compress60.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 9

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

SPEAKING of cars...

So ye olde car that needed spark plugs and wires actually sounded weirder when we got it back...kind of a hissing noise when you hit the accelerator, and it wasn't there before. Brought it back to the mechanic, and they say "Oh, x and y now need replacing..." (I'll spare the details) Needless to say, it was way too much money on top of the rest of the money we'd already thrown at it the past 30 days. The saying is something like throwing good money after bad?

Longer story short, after a few days of research by a friend, and a couple of test drives, we ended up buying this.

2008 GMC Acadia, 110k, and a very good price. We pulled the rug out from under a couple of people who wanted to test drive later today. Thing is quite tricked out, and we can't wait for road trips and tailgating with it.

@GTO and @BoxsterCy , we THINK the official color is white diamond tricoat. Unoffcial color? Vanilla. ;):cool:
Looks like a good tailgating vehicle to me, regardless of the flavor.

Reactions: SaraV

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

SPEAKING of cars...

Plain Vanilla or French Vanilla?

Reactions: SaraV
Status
Not open for further replies.