Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not that I could find.

And if there was and I didn't notice, it's because CF on my phone has been acting so weird lately. Jumps around, sometimes has an ad across the top, sometimes one across the bottom, both of which can be x'ed out if it would just be still. Other times, like when I click on the alerts button, it takes me to between two posts on a thread, not directly to one or the other. Sometimes refreshing it works, sometimes it doesn't. Irksome.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I forgot today was payday at ISU. Doesn't happen again for 33 days. I don't understand why our monthly paychecks are not done on the same day each month, like the 25th. The last business day of the month makes life interesting.

Reactions: CycloneErik

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I forgot today was payday at ISU. Doesn't happen again for 33 days. I don't understand why our monthly paychecks are not done on the same day each month, like the 25th. The last business day of the month makes life interesting.
I always loved explaining to the hourly employees that yes, they started work today...but they won't see their first paycheck for 2-3 weeks depending on where in the two week pay period they started working. Most of them seemed to expect instant money when they started. :(

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I always loved explaining to the hourly employees that yes, they started work today...but they won't see their first paycheck for 2-3 weeks depending on where in the two week pay period they started working. Most of them seemed to expect instant money when they started. :(
And now with Workday it's even more fun, for supervisors. Students need to submit their time weekly, which supervisors are to approve. However, the same twice-monthly schedule (one period delayed) is when they are paid. No paper anymore, all done online. Another "win" for Workday devotees.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Over did the cayenne pepper a little. Added a little to jazz up the stew. A little being maybe not an accurate descriptor.

WellinformedReflectingIntermediateegret-max-1mb.gif

Sat the glass of wine down and opened a bottle of Heineken. :oops:

He was always one of the top Muppets imo

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

So, right after graduating and taking the DMACC adjunct spot, I found out they don't pay until the 6th or 7th week of the class you're teaching. Super.
Took a restaurant job at the same time, and somehow didn't get paid for 6 weeks.
Meanwhile, kept running across wonderful Facebook memes like, "Want money? Get a job, you'll have money in 2 weeks." I didn't post my responses, but they weren't friendly. I waited until the next year to get the 3rd job (where I'm still 'on leave').

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Part time job I have now, dude pees away money so I’m usually 6 months out. I have projects that were finished in the front of October that I still haven’t been paid for. Think it’s why I will be done with it soon, was going to hand the one I’m wrapping up today and give him notice that I will help him this year but then will be done, but he had a heart issue and I’m not quite that mean. Although that means he is making 0 money himself so I probably get pushed out 8-9 months now.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We're paid on the 15th and the last business day of the month. Of course if the 15th falls on a Sunday we get paid on the 13th.
Which means today is payday!!!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure what got into me, but I've been sucking down water like I'm in the sahara. Also peeing like I'm drinking gallons of water. Between that and the dogging wanting in and out every ten minutes, I am amazed that I wrapped work up a few minutes ago.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Still have not received the second stimulus payment. (Not that we need it!) I'm just wondering if someone else got it, and maybe double-dipped.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Still have not received the second stimulus payment. (Not that we need it!) I'm just wondering if someone else got it, and maybe double-dipped.
Second stimulus payments were put on hold around the 10th or so of January. There were things in the second package passed in December that were stopped with the new Congress and then new President. Not going any political type thing, just stating what actually happened. Ag appropriations in the second bill are considered to be "indefinite" hold as of now. Been reading up on that and learned of the stimulus payment hold also.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Second stimulus payments were put on hold around the 10th or so of January. There were things in the second package passed in December that were stopped with the new Congress and then new President. Not going any political type thing, just stating what actually happened. Ag appropriations in the second bill are considered to be "indefinite" hold as of now. Been reading up on that and learned of the stimulus payment hold also.

Everyone in my office has received their second stimulus payment ($600), except me. Weird.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure what got into me, but I've been sucking down water like I'm in the sahara. Also peeing like I'm drinking gallons of water. Between that and the dogging wanting in and out every ten minutes, I am amazed that I wrapped work up a few minutes ago.
I decided yesterday I was going to drink more water and less coffee. Got all the way through one cup of water and stopped. Restarted today with a little juice glass right between me and my monitor. Drinking more and putting in more steps to the bathroom. Might have 3 cups and 300 more steps in yet today. Sigh.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We got the second one Jan. 4.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
And now with Workday it's even more fun, for supervisors. Students need to submit their time weekly, which supervisors are to approve. However, the same twice-monthly schedule (one period delayed) is when they are paid. No paper anymore, all done online. Another "win" for Workday devotees.
I wonder how workday would have interfaced with our timeclock? We had up to 25 or 30 students during peak seasons, working all kinds of shifts. We used a timeclock because it was too many to keep track of in terms of when they showed up and when they left.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I wonder how workday would have interfaced with our timeclock? We had up to 25 or 30 students during peak seasons, working all kinds of shifts. We used a timeclock because it was too many to keep track of in terms of when they showed up and when they left.
My guess is that it wouldn't be allowed. All students have to download and use the Workday app to enter their start and stop times, every time they work. If they forgot a stop time, the system would send a message. The supervisor can edit their student employee's time. I always use the website.

• Informative
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron