Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Need another pair of old tenny runners (old redneck from Algona supplied me with that name) and while looking at a pair that is moderately inexpensive (because I’m cheap) and I see I can make payments on them. Who makes payments on shoes? You would have to have 100 loan payments if you did stuff like that.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Was it from a guy on the street who “warmed” it up with a lighter and a spoon first?

Naw it was fully blown legit in a medical office with a doctor and the vaccination card. There was an oddity about the dr watching a kids show in between giving shots but other than that looked normal.

What makes me even more mad about how Iowa is handling this all was seeing a guy I knew in college post on Facebook last night that he was getting vaccinated. He lives in Norman and apparently Oklahoma was vaccinating something like 15,000 yesterday alone at this mass vaccination center.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Had a 3-4 PM meeting today and someone scheduled a 4-6 asking if I could move the 3PM so we can start earlier. So I do. What does he do? Makes it a 3-6 meeting. F that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Naw it was fully blown legit in a medical office with a doctor and the vaccination card. There was an oddity about the dr watching a kids show in between giving shots but other than that looked normal.

What makes me even more mad about how Iowa is handling this all was seeing a guy I knew in college post on Facebook last night that he was getting vaccinated. He lives in Norman and apparently Oklahoma was vaccinating something like 15,000 yesterday alone at this mass vaccination center.

Does Iowa have anything like that set up anywhere? Doses are supposed to be going up soon so these spots that have had them should get a lot of traffic.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Today I get to go through a house that should be fairly easy although the assessor calls it a one story and 25 years ago I remember seeing the cherry wood open staircase going upstairs. But before that I get to go through one that I may need to check to see if my vaccinations are up to date. There is stuff all over outside at least and have been told there were cats all over inside at once.

What brand did you install? Probably said so but don't want to backtrack through threads.

Keep thinking I should maybe put something in but than again I am home all of the time. Will probably wait till I get a get new router. Mine is fine for main living area and office desk top is CAT 5'd to 80 mps but wifi drops it way down. Old house portion with thick plaster and outside with wire mesh under the thick stucco. I'd swear the stucco mesh is like a huge faraday cage.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Does Iowa have anything like that set up anywhere? Doses are supposed to be going up soon so these spots that have had them should get a lot of traffic.

Not even close to that. If you can find a shot you are lucky. Keeping this from the cave I will stop here but this rollout is dumfounding even compared to other VERY red states.

Whatevs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What brand did you install? Probably said so but don't want to backtrack through threads.

Keep thinking I should maybe put something in but than again I am home all of the time. Will probably wait till I get a get new router. Mine is fine for main living area and office desk top is CAT 5'd to 80 mps but wifi drops it way down. Old house portion with thick plaster and outside with wire mesh under the thick stucco. I'd swear the stucco mesh is like a huge faraday cage.
I went with Blink. It's amazon. Figure old Bezos knows my life anyhow so he can now see who comes to our house. Will need to see if I need to go with a nest type system for wifi since the other camera will be on the far corner of our house. That will cover our driveway and garage. Most people use our garage entrance.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Need another pair of old tenny runners (old redneck from Algona supplied me with that name) and while looking at a pair that is moderately inexpensive (because I’m cheap) and I see I can make payments on them. Who makes payments on shoes? You would have to have 100 loan payments if you did stuff like that.
Holy cow - I haven't heard that one in years! It was what we always called them as kids (so I don't know if it's a Texas thing or a Seattle area thing). I stopped using the term when we moved here, because no one knew what the hell I was talking about. :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not even close to that. If you can find a shot you are lucky. Keeping this from the cave I will stop here but this rollout is dumfounding even compared to other VERY red states.

Whatevs.
My wife helped you out, she denied the vaccine when she was offered. Was hearing bad stories at that time and I'm popping ABs at blood draws so she is going off my AB tests. So she bumped you one up.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Holy cow - I haven't heard that one in years! It was what we always called them as kids (so I don't know if it's a Texas thing or a Seattle area thing). I stopped using the term when we moved here, because no one knew what the hell I was talking about. :D

Well, it was an Algona person saying it in Oklahoma City, maybe the mood caught him.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My wife helped you out, she denied the vaccine when she was offered. Was hearing bad stories at that time and I'm popping ABs at blood draws so she is going off my AB tests. So she bumped you one up.

Does anyone know how that works, if you get vaccinated does that end your ability to donate plasma?

Status
Not open for further replies.