Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We spent the afternoon wandering around Ames, scouting sites to see what caches are "winter-friendly" so that we have targets for future finds. Cache owners will designate their caches as winter firendly, then you find that they are under a low-growing bush in a corner of a lot where all of the snow has been pushed by the plows. Yeah. Winter friendly if you want to dig through 3 feet of hard packed snow!
Without reading further, what do you normally find in these caches?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Nah, I keep getting ads for wigs. They didn’t phase me until I found out that the nice ones are real hair from someone else. Just kinda creeps me out.
Play your cards right BC and you might be able to donate that pushbroom of a stache to Locks of Love.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Does it set off an alarm or something when it triggers or just records?
It gives a notification and records. It’s like a ring and you can talk through it, but doesn’t work as a doorbell. It also takes pictures periodically throughout the day to see if something was around a long time.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Today I get to go through a house that should be fairly easy although the assessor calls it a one story and 25 years ago I remember seeing the cherry wood open staircase going upstairs. But before that I get to go through one that I may need to check to see if my vaccinations are up to date. There is stuff all over outside at least and have been told there were cats all over inside at once.

Reactions: wxman1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron