Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Lucky you. I have crowns on well over half my teeth now.
I was at my dentist yesterday. Another crown (this one was 30-35 years old) has given up the ghost. Tooth was "rootcanal-ed" back when they put the crown on. Not enough tooth left to replace the crown, so I'm off and running on implant #3.

I've thought about implants - are they expensive?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just got a phone call again for this Todd person. This person just gave me the guys last name though so now there’s some Todd Milburn out there that I got to figure out why he gives my phone number out

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I should take the bike out after I log off today. It's been nice the last couple of days and that is all supposed to turn tomorrow.
Gotta workout first. Being that I just started again I can't talk myself into a cheat day already

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
My past two? weeks. Woke up Monday the 4th with chills and nausea. Tuesday went for a Covid test, as well as two other strains of flu. Negative. Thursday, started feeling better. Friday go in for a pre-op physical. Monday have to get another Covid test and fitted for my shoulder chastity belt (getting rotator cuff surgery). Get a call back -- one of my blood screens shows low kidney function, possibly because I was very dehydrated on Friday due to being sick all week. Had to go in yesterday for more bloodletting. This morning (supposed day of surgery), my creatinine is now normal, but I have to get another blood test -- anesthesiologist (sp?) isn't liking my potassium count, and wants another done. Lower than Tuesday but still too high for his liking. Surgery cancelled.:(o_O

But at least I'm Covid free!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My past two? weeks. Woke up Monday the 4th with chills and nausea. Tuesday went for a Covid test, as well as two other strains of flu. Negative. Thursday, started feeling better. Friday go in for a pre-op physical. Monday have to get another Covid test and fitted for my shoulder chastity belt (getting rotator cuff surgery). Get a call back -- one of my blood screens shows low kidney function, possibly because I was very dehydrated on Friday due to being sick all week. Had to go in yesterday for more bloodletting. This morning (supposed day of surgery), my creatinine is now normal, but I have to get another blood test -- anesthesiologist (sp?) isn't liking my potassium count, and wants another done. Lower than Tuesday but still too high for his liking. Surgery cancelled.:(o_O

Stop eating so many bananas and broccoli stalks.

Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've thought about implants - are they expensive?
They're more expensive than a crown, but they are permanent. They don't get cavities underneath if the gum recedes with age because the tooth is completely gone. The price and time frame can vary due to the circumstances. The first one (lower molar) took 18 months from pulling the tooth to final capping of the implant due to the longer time required for a bone graft to heal. It also required general anesthesia due to the time required to pull the tooth, harvest the bone from the back part of my jaw, and fix the graft in place. The second implant (upper molar) was 9 months from start to finish (no graft needed) and less expensive. Upside for implants vs crowns - they don't get cavities underneath if the gum recedes because the tooth is completely gone.

I would love to have perfect teeth...but age and genetics are catching up with me. And implants are a damn site better than dentures! :D

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

Dang. Good luck with the reschedule!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Well, that IS good news. I really thought a positive test is where your story was headed. Hope things get figured out so you can get back on schedule. The surgeon's schedule, that is.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Haven't been to grocery since Dec 30. Thinking maybe making a 9:00 p.m. supply run. Forecast says 6"-9" of snowy stuff tomorrow and Friday. Will ponder if I can wait till Sunday night while I watch the Cyclone gals play. May mean a single beer gamewatch here.

Streets were clear enough today that I could walk in running shoes and not winter boots. I walk over a mile a minute faster not in boots per the Garmin tattler.

Reactions: oldman and wxman1

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wife complained to me this morning about leaving a pot in the sink last night instead of putting in the dishwasher. After a short discussion, I told her I was just doing what she always does at night. Her response or lack there of one was priceless as she stomped out of the kitchen.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Wife complained to me this morning about leaving a pot in the sink last night instead of putting in the dishwasher. After a short discussion, I told her I was just doing what she always does at night. Her response or lack there of one was priceless as she stomped out of the kitchen.

Dont you love when that happens?

Reactions: cycloner29

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Dont you love when that happens?
You boys like to live dangerously, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron