Pulling for KU in the NCAA tournament?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Most team boards posters are the crazy fringe and a small minority of the actual fanbase. I was in Lawrence as well this year for the football game and had a great time and the people were awesome. That being said I can never root for KU basketball.

[video=youtube;Odj67g0yH7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odj67g0yH7c[/video]

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nope, I am done with Kansas.

I've never really liked Bill Self anyway, but I officially hate him now.

I will root for Kansas to lose every game from here on out.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I don't think we'll have to wish for them to lose for very long. I just don't see them going past the Sweet 16.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'm sure this post was probably posted by someone earlier, but my answer is:

no 5 characters

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I only root for the Cyclones. I probably times past have given the Big 12 some support, but I don't do that anymore. I don't believe that our fortunes are tied to the Big 12 anymore. The league is too screwed up.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
They only have 1 McDonalds AA this year (freshmen Ellis) and didn't have any on the team the 2 prior years.

Thanks. Surprising, but saying that have only one says it all. We could say 'we had only one' a couple years and we still hand it to them in Hilton.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
The only game I want KU to win is the quarterfinal round of the Big XII so we have a chance to play them again.

I will root against KU in any other game unless they play Iowa.

gbaba

Sep 20, 2012
underthetemple
I will root for them. Their team did not blow the whistles or not blow the whistles back on 02/20.. If that happened in favor of ISU we would say thank you very much, and tell people a wins a win at the end of the day..

However, their sense of entitlement after the nocalls means I will NOT root for them.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
I root for other Big 12 schools in OOC games. This is no different.

Won't break my heart if they lose.

Those who are ripping KU fans need to get past the internet some time. I went to Lawrence for this year's ISU/KU football game, and their fans were some of the best I've encountered. Just because they're complete twats on the internet isn't a good reason to throw them all under the bus.

The attitude of KU fans towards football is completely different than the way they feel and act regarding basketball. As football fans, I have no problems at all with KU, but basketball is a completely different matter. KU BB fans feel as if they are entitled to win every game and also think that anyone who disagrees with them is delusional.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The attitude of KU fans towards football is completely different than the way they feel and act regarding basketball. As football fans, I have no problems at all with KU, but basketball is a completely different matter. KU BB fans feel as if they are entitled to win every game and also think that anyone who disagrees with them is delusional.

Kansas fans are simply Nebraska fans in reverse. KU basketball fans are arrogant dickheads much like Nebraska football fans are. KU football fans are much like Nebraska basketball fans... a figment of the imagination.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
However, their sense of entitlement after the nocalls means I will NOT root for them.

This. Their group mantra of 'but there were bad calls against kansas, just look at that one single bad call against withey!' was ridiculous. I mean, not only was it not a worse call than any of the bad calls that went for KU later in the game, but withey couldve been called for about 10 more fouls.

Even better seeing some of them go on about KSU claiming a share of the title. Looking down on KSU because they beat them 2x. Well maybe you shouldntve lost to TCU or Baylor, and should consider yourselves lucky you even get to share the title, as without the ISU win (or the @OSU one, as the ending to that had some iffy reffing too), KSU gets it outright.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
This. Their group mantra of 'but there were bad calls against kansas, just look at that one single bad call against withey!' was ridiculous. I mean, not only was it not a worse call than any of the bad calls that went for KU later in the game, but withey couldve been called for about 10 more fouls.

Even better seeing some of them go on about KSU claiming a share of the title. Looking down on KSU because they beat them 2x. Well maybe you shouldntve lost to TCU or Baylor, and should consider yourselves lucky you even get to share the title, as without the ISU win (or the @OSU one, as the ending to that had some iffy reffing too), KSU gets it outright.

Lucky? Kansas doesn't need luck because they are just that good.

Signed,

Every Kansas fan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron