Pulling for KU in the NCAA tournament?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The only time I've cheered against a Big 12 team in the tourney was Mizzou last year...man it was fun to see Kim English lose after he wore the SEC shirt holding the Big 12 trophy

Spam

May 21, 2008
KU fans are ok. They behave like they are an elite program. Which is ok, because they are.

Now when when hawkeye football fans start behaving like they are an elite program....

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Will you support Kansas(a good team from our conference) in the tourney or hope they lose given this years debacles? I would personally love to see them take an early exit, their fans have been horrendous.

I won't root for them.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I hope Kansas suffers a humiliating exit from the NCAA Tournament. They should be used to them by now.... see Bradley, Bucknell, UNI, VCU, Rhode Island, UTEP, etc....

This X 1000. I'll never understand the people who will root for a team just cause it makes the conference look good. Who ******* cares..

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
If ISU advances to face them in the semis of the Big XII Tournament Hoiberg should definitely make a special invitation to Ali Farokhmanesh to be an honorary captain for the game.

[video=youtube;GiwqEz50ipY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwqEz50ipY[/video]

2 things from that video.

1. Damn, that took some balls of steel for Ali to shoot that shot instead of milking the clock.
2. I'd forgotten how close that was to a Jayhawk steal right after the in bounds Cook is damn lucky his bounce pass wasn't stolen.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
This X 1000. I'll never understand the people who will root for a team just cause it makes the conference look good. Who ******* cares..

I disagree; wouldn't you like to have the reputation the SEC has in football?

Having more B12 teams make deep dance runs helps for recruiting and basically message board smack talk.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006

Personally, I do it because despite its bad moments I love the Big 12 conference. I enjoy watching Big 12 games that don't involve ISU over any other conference's games. Especially since the 10 team format came out I feel like the conference is a lot closer and every team really matters to every other team because you have to play them every year and twice in basketball.

That said, this year I won't cheer for KU this year and may not again in the future after the game in Hilton.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
2 things from that video.

1. Damn, that took some balls of steel for Ali to shoot that shot instead of milking the clock.
2. I'd forgotten how close that was to a Jayhawk steal right after the in bounds Cook is damn lucky his bounce pass wasn't stolen.
3. Kevin Harlan on the call. Love that guy.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Will KU fans be cheering for ISU? Some will, but most won't. Don't know why we should behave any differently towards KU than they will towards us.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Um hell no. I don't give a **** about rooting for teams just because they are in the Big 12. I do kinda root for OSU though, I hope they go far in the dance.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I disagree; wouldn't you like to have the reputation the SEC has in football?

Having more B12 teams make deep dance runs helps for recruiting and basically message board smack talk.

KU winning in the tourney just helps them maintain B12 dominance, including in recruiting/ESPN games, etc. I can see cheering for other B12 teams, though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron