Possible Rule Changes

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Yeah…adding a 3 point NF is one I like.

I’m not a fan of the 3 pt TD (clearly, if you know my posting history :)).
I’m not here to change anyones mind or anything, but 4 back points for a tilt then 1 release is +3. Takedown and release is +1 net positive. I like a balancing act if we want to reward sound wrestling in all positions. But everyone has their opinions

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Also, I think the rule changes will be beneficial for our guys. AE/Paniro, Chittum, Casey, Carr, Yonger, etc.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
Also, I think the rule changes will be beneficial for our guys. AE/Paniro, Chittum, Casey, Carr, Yonger, etc.
I think it'd be interesting to go back and look at last season and see if any losses would be flipped to wins with the new rules

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
I think it'd be interesting to go back and look at last season and see if any losses would be flipped to wins with the new rules
I cant remember the exact sequence but wouldn't casey have beaten woods with a 3pt TD?

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
  • Officials can let action continue after penalizing an illegal hold and not require a stoppage after imminent scoring finishes when the safety of wrestlers is not in danger.

not a fan of this -

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like the rule changes. It makes the timing of escapes less critically important, still important but not something that is going to typically swing the match. I didn't think about it that much as a wrestler myself but it's really obvious as a spectator in the high level matches and I've always thought some of it is just luck.

I like the nf change to balance it out so wrestlers whose strength is top position aren't penalized as much with the extra td points, but it probably still takes away that edge a little from them. You could argue they've always had an edge of sorts and still do since no takedown can end a match even if you're behind.

It will result in some fun crazy comebacks and might penalize wrestlers getting outworked trying to hang onto a lead late. Probably a slight improvement for casual spectators but nothing that's going to revolutionize popularity for people who didn't grow up with wrestling.