2. Eliminating sports
3. Closing C.Y. Stephens’ Auditorium

Ouch...

Reactions: CyBobby

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
He's playing a dangerous game with his wording, setting himself up as the one who tried to find a way, and then putting consequences as a result of "the decision," while separating himself from that decision.

He's pretty petty and thin-skinned, and everyone knew that decreased revenues would have effects. His game of dumping this upward is one that can get a guy fired quickly, and guys who get fired like that deserve it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He's playing a dangerous game with his wording, setting himself up as the one who tried to find a way, and then putting consequences as a result of "the decision," while separating himself from that decision.

He's pretty petty and thin-skinned, and everyone knew that decreased revenues would have effects. His game of dumping this upward is one that can get a guy fired quickly, and guys who get fired like that deserve it.

I love Jamie and think he is by far one of the best things to happen to Iowa State, but this is very true.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What will change during season that will allow fans?

The numbers in Iowa go down?

Most if not all of the schools not having fans for the first game have said that they will reassess and hope to have fans for future games. There's no reason why Iowa State shouldn't do the same.

Frankly, I just think Jamie's pissed and is willing to say screw it to the entire season.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
This isn't written very clearly. The difference between a $17.5M deficit and a $30M deficit is roughly equal to 25K fans in the stands for 6 games. His letter is written as if it has been decided there will be no fans at all, thus setting in motion a series of consequences - when just last night they sent an email saying they hope to have fans for every game starting with Oklahoma.

It could just be very clumsily written or it could be political in nature. I'm inclined to believe the latter given CW's reaction on Twitter.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

Jamie said and I quote: "We understand and support that decision." He said "we" not they. He did not separate himself from the decision.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

He's always been kinda of a whiny little you know what. I've always hated his obsession with Iowa all the time too.

He's done great things for ISU..... but no doubt that when things don't go his way... he turns into a 4th grader.

3rdCoastClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2017
Gulf Coast of Texas

This is not a f****** game. Its reality. He's got to be tired of putting up with the b***s*** from people like you.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Ehh....no one is happy about this. There's a difference between being happy about it and realizing that almost all scientific evidence did not support his initial decision.
I'll also note he gambled big and lost. Had he gone with 25% like most of the rest of the big 12 had gone with there probably would have been a lot less pushback headed Wendy's way that forced her hand in canceling all fans for the first game. Instead he went full steam ahead and released a plan that if you looked at the seating chart did not allow for an adequate amount of distancing.