Poll: Conference Wins

B12 Wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
I threw down 9-10. Even if we only protect home court (which is proving to be very likely) I like our chances. The Big12 is gonna be a slugfest every night - anybody can win (or lose). Home court advantage (Phog Allen, Hilton, hell even the Octagon of purple) may be the deciding factor when it's all said and done.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Went with 9-10. The Big 12 is a beast. Good news is that would still get us probably around a 6 seed in the tournament.
A team that breaks .500 in this conference and 12 wins in pre-conference, 13 with Mizzou and was ranked in the top 10 as a 6 seed? I would guess 3-seed.

I'm worried about some people's mental state when we start losing a few games in this meat grinder. It's never as good or as bad, but many people will forget that when reality/bad luck hit.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
On another note, 7 wins probably gets us into the tourney but other B12 schools will need more - especially Oklahoma State and K-State. They don't have non-con resumes that say "at large" so they'll have to play more desperate. It isn't crazy that 8 teams make the tourney this year. If TCU gets to 7 league wins, they're probably in as well given their non-con record.

I'd say ceiling for our guys is probably...11 wins? Hard to put a ceiling on this team though.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
On another note, 7 wins probably gets us into the tourney but other B12 schools will need more - especially Oklahoma State and K-State. They don't have non-con resumes that say "at large" so they'll have to play more desperate. It isn't crazy that 8 teams make the tourney this year. If TCU gets to 7 league wins, they're probably in as well given their non-con record.

I'd say ceiling for our guys is probably...11 wins? Hard to put a ceiling on this team though.
Oklahoma State is ineligible

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
Yes, it's a good conference this year, but it's hard to argue we're not at least the third best team!
I said 11+, which doesn't seem that crazy. That's only a couple games over .500 against teams that we are mostly better than.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC