• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

alarson

Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Appears to be a new bug in the text editor as well as the share links at the bottom.

Attachments

CycloneSarah

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2016
For similar reasons- In the prior version, since the forum link was in the header (which remained at the top of the screen when scrolling iirc), going back to the main forum\new posts page was just a click away. Now that's gone, and you have to scroll way back to the top of the page to get to the one in the sidebar. If that sidebar remained visible no matter where you were on the page, it would remain useful for going back to the main page even at the bottom
Theres a Forums button in the very bottom left (on desktop at least) when you get to the bottom of the page that goes back to the main page. But I agree about missing the link in the header. If I want to go back to main page in the middle of a page, I feel lost.

CycloneSarah

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2016
Appears to be a new bug in the text editor as well as the share links at the bottom.
And when I click on the image, I get the same squares in the top right instead of the X to close and whatever the other buttons are.

JStanz51

Administrator
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I noticed this and well and passed it along. It appears to be fixed on my end. Can some others confirm?

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
2 things.:

1) Using the app, going to Forums>Recent Posts brings up an "Oops! We ran into some problems." page.

2) Can't attach files to posts using the app. Otherwise I would give a screenshot of the 1st problem.

Reactions: clonefromNE

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The yellow text instead of the red in dark mode is waaaaay better. Thanks for that.

The page nav is fixed now and is showing on the top and bottom.

Reactions: keepngoal

aauummm

Gamma Delta Iota
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
Highly Variable
On dark mode, the red unread hypertext links are hard to read. Can that be changed?
I agree with this. Very hard to read with the red bold font. Now regarding the red font used when quoting a poster, the poster's name is easy to read because it isn't in bold.

Addendum: As mentioned above, I see that those hypertext links have been changed to yellow-that's great! Lot easier to read-thanks!

Last edited:

aauummm

Gamma Delta Iota
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
Highly Variable
Under "Preferences" the little selection boxes have either a "F1, 4A" or an "F0, CB" in them instead of being blank or containing a checkmark.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron