Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I don't think it's a tell one way or the other. If the staff is honest with Hunter, they're telling him that he's their guy, but they need to do the legwork on some options if he decides to go elsewhere.

I assume the staff probably knows what hunter is doing even if he hasn't came right out and said so.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

CasualFriday

Apr 9, 2021
Polk City, IA
www.CasualFridayco.com
Of the known interest and assuming Hunter re-commits. Here is my wish list ranked

Tanner Groves
Cam'ron Fltcher
Jemarl Baker
Damari Monsanto
Tristan Enaruna
Mason Madsen
Noah Locke
Greg Williams Jr
Filip Rebraca
Chris Payton
Gabe Kalscheur
Tyem Freeman
Kobe Elvis
Pauly Paulicap
Tanner Groves looks to be the fundamentally sound forward that we've been missing since the legend, Georges Niang graduated. He also looks the part for a future CycloneFanatic t-shirt design and a Busch Light endorsement upon graduation.

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
You are wrong. He is a good defender.
For those that still think Tre Jackson is a good defensive player, I present exhibit A. Watch the first 90 seconds of this video and tell me all about the lockdown defender he is. The way he defended the fast break and almost falls down should tell you all you need to know. This is just one game, there are many, many more examples, if you really need more evidence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
For those that still think Tre Jackson is a good defensive player, I present exhibit A. Watch the first 90 seconds of this video and tell me all about the lockdown defender he is. The way he defended the fast break and almost falls down should tell you all you need to know. This is just one game, there are many, many more examples, if you really need more evidence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So 1 shot getting made over him after he recovers from a stumble and not stopping a 3 on 1 fast break is your evidence. Look past highlight reels, the opponents only score during them. Take a look at the actual game where opponents miss shots.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Next year will be another disaster, just prepare for that. The
So 1 shot getting made over him after he recovers from a stumble and not stopping a 3 on 1 fast break is your evidence. Look past highlight reels, the opponents only score during them. Take a look at the actual game where opponents miss shots.
Didn't you ask for 1 example?

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Next year will be another disaster, just prepare for that. The

Didn't you ask for 1 example?
lol teams put up 70-80 points in a game. You can't count 3 on 1 fast break points. Want me to pull up every time someone made a shot over Kawhii Leonard in college?

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
I have watched enough of Jackson to know he is not a good defender. I could find dozens of other video to prove my point, but I for some reason I don't think it will change your mind. Agree to disagree I guess.....

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I have watched enough of Jackson to know he is not a good defender. I could find dozens of other video to prove my point, but I for some reason I don't think it will change your mind. Agree to disagree I guess.....
so how was Nixon in your opinion. Defense only?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Defensively, Jackson was one of a few guys to give maximum effort consistently and I’m sorry, but when only 1 or 2 guys are doing that, your defense is going to be trash.

Defense is such a collective effort. 4 guys could play stellar D for the entire possession and all it takes is 1 guy giving up a straight line drive, or screwing up a ball screen call, or going over a screen when he should’ve trailed, etc.

Prohm’s defense was just as chaotic as his offense. Guys were so confused and honestly, so were the coaches. I’m not going to necessarily give every player a pass and say that they are all good defenders and it’s all Steve’s fault. But they were at a severe disadvantage with how they were being taught.

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
so how was Nixon in your opinion. Defense only?
Prentiss Nixon? I guess he was an average defender, far from elite. He was a dreadful shooter, he shot 26% in 3PT percentage (Jackson was 27% this year).
In my opinion neither of them are Big 12 guards, which has led us down the path to a 2-22 season. We have to have better guard play if we are going to compete within our conference.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Prentiss Nixon? I guess he was an average defender, far from elite. He was a dreadful shooter, he shot 26% in 3PT percentage (Jackson was 27% this year).
In my opinion neither of them are Big 12 guards, which has led us down the path to a 2-22 season. We have to have better guard play if we are going to compete within our conference.

Here you go. Mark Vital and Jared Butler, both elite defenders getting beat.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018

Also if you watch the rest of the video. Only 1 more score on tre jackson happened on a mid range fade away jumper. (Not defendable). So, 4 of 80+ points happened on Tre.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Of the known interest and assuming Hunter re-commits. Here is my wish list ranked

Tanner Groves
Cam'ron Fltcher
Jemarl Baker
Damari Monsanto
Tristan Enaruna
Mason Madsen
Noah Locke
Greg Williams Jr
Filip Rebraca
Chris Payton
Gabe Kalscheur
Tyem Freeman
Kobe Elvis
Pauly Paulicap

Assuming the additions of Hunter, Kunc and Jones, that leaves 4 open scholarships. I would prioritize the following 4 guys as my ideal group of additional adds. I have filtered based only including guys with at least 2 years eligibility and my perceived ability they would play at a Midwest school:

Payton - athletic, strong rebounding post player that will be a paint guy.
Kalscheur - Big10 experience with rep as solid perimeter shooter. Thinking he will shoot at sophomore levels vs. junior year.
Madsen - Solid freshman year at Cincy. Good rebounder. Could be another solid 3 point shooter.
Elvis - Looks like he could be a combo guard. Shot well from 3 at DePaul with limited attempts.

If Hunter does not come to Ames, then Jalen Terry would seem to be priority 1, above any of the 4 above.

Reactions: t-noah

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron