Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
go back and watch the games. His man rarely scored. He was everywhere on defense. His offense is in question. But Tre Jackson is an elite defender.
Tre may have a great attitude and be an awesome teammate, but in no way is he an elite defender. Look at Baylor getting after it on d against the Zags, where would Tre fit into that defensively? Tre is limited on both ends of the court.
Glad he is a Cyclone but I strongly disagree with this.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Tre may have a great attitude and be an awesome teammate, but in no way is he an elite defender. Look at Baylor getting after it on d against the Zags, where would Tre fit into that defensively? Tre is limited on both ends of the court.
He is undersized yes. But when did any guard score on him rather than when he was helping off when one of his teammates got beat. Answer me that and I will shut up. It is pretty rare

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Well if you’re correct, it’s even more sad he’s still our best defender lol.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
If he is an elite defender he would play on any team in the country, that is my definition of elite. Do you feel he fits that criteria? He would not see the court on a regular basis on top teams.

I appreciate Trey the person and his efforts as a Cyclone, but in 2 years I have witnessed nothing elite about Trey as a player.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
100% completely disagree with this statement. I watched some ISU games, and I specifically watched defense. Tre Jackson was constantly going around screens, instead of under them. He was constantly late to get out to the shooters because he sagged off them so much. He was way to slow to stop dribble penetration, and NEVER rebounded or boxed out. He is not an elite defender, he is not an average defender, he is a BAD defender.
If you go back and watch some conference games, you will see the same thing. I encourage you to watch the TTU game if you still think he is an elite defender.
He also shot 27% from 3 this year, but that is another conversation.
You are wrong. He is a good defender.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Of the known interest and assuming Hunter re-commits. Here is my wish list ranked

Tanner Groves
Cam'ron Fltcher
Jemarl Baker
Damari Monsanto
Tristan Enaruna
Mason Madsen
Noah Locke
Greg Williams Jr
Filip Rebraca
Chris Payton
Gabe Kalscheur
Tyem Freeman
Kobe Elvis
Pauly Paulicap
this is a good list 92, IMO here are a few moves I would personally like...also yes Flip is not a target....Gabe K way up, Groves down a little, Monsanto down, Madsen down, Enaruna up to the top...also if Hunter ends up not coming I would move Elvis up

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
this is a good list 92, IMO here are a few moves I would personally like...also yes Flip is not a target....Gabe K way up, Groves down a little, Monsanto down, Madsen down, Enaruna up to the top...also if Hunter ends up not coming I would move Elvis up
Hunter is my top want way above any transfers so I say this only with the thought that if he backs out, I'll be significantly less excited for next year. But do we add Jalen Terry if we were to lose Hunter? Flint Beecher kid we were heavily involved with before he committed to Oregon. Got limited playing time but his metrics are pretty solid overall.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Hunter is my top want way above any transfers so I say this only with the thought that if he backs out, I'll be significantly less excited for next year. But do we add Jalen Terry if we were to lose Hunter? Flint Beecher kid we were heavily involved with before he committed to Oregon. Got limited playing time but his metrics are pretty solid overall.

After watching Baylor. I want Hunter and Terry. I mean it would be a pretty easy sell to both players that we could use them like Baylor used their guards.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

we have enough PT for both of them.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Recent twitter search lead me to believe we out on the Filip Rebraca train. Anyone care to add anything?

Agree on Filip. Will Iowa get him or Robbins? Ugh.
Also, was hoping we would reach out to the Seton Hall guard that just entered the portal.
Although those guys tend to stay out east.
Are we not in on the Texas de-commit from Wisc, Joplin, or is he automatically following Smart?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Also, was hoping we would reach out to the Seton Hall guard that just entered the portal.
Are we not in on the Texas de-commit from Wisc, Joplin, or is he automatically following Smart?

I think people assume he's following Smart

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Seton Hall transfer?