OT - Cutting Cable

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Slow Internet!

Wasn't my internet and I've continued to have issues with TBS. It's the only channel that buffers. It kept buffering last night so I checked my speed and I was cruising along at 60 mbps.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Try setnow.com 20 dollars a month 500 HD channels been up and working for me for 9 months no problems.
Does that have ESPN news for cyclone basketball? Only shows espn1, espn2, and espnU on the website I looked at

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I had Vue for 2 years. But the buffering got outrageous. We have great download speeds, and Prime works flawlessly. We went to Mediacom last month and am loving it so far. TiVo is awesome. And I have History and A&E again. It only raised my monthly internet bill $25. I’m hoping the streaming is much better in a year when I assume this deal is done.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So, we want to cut the cord. I have 2 kids and 5 tv's total, all but 1 with smart capabilities. I want to be able to get all cyclone football and basketball games, and kids like Nickelodeon and animal planet. We are leaning towards direct tv now or YouTube tv. Thoughts or advice? Should I look at others?

YouTube TV is great...but it doesn't have Nick or HGTV so if those are deal breakers...that might be a problem. Been with YouTube TV for 2 months now and my family has no issues. My kids (young) use their iPads to watch what they wanted to watch anyway. So missing Nick is not a huge deal in my house...yet! Also...Philo does have the two channels I mentioned and is only $16 a month but it does not have the Disney channels or ESPN networks so that might be a deal-breaker for some as well. I highly recommend YouTube TV but it is not in every market yet so look into that as well.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I googled that company...I don't think I would ever give that company my credit card number! While it does provide a service...there are huge questions surrounding the company.

Here was one negative review...

https://flixed.io/set-tv-not-legitimate/

iu

Yeah, too good to be true is usually too good to be true.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I googled that company...I don't think I would ever give that company my credit card number! While it does provide a service...there are huge questions surrounding the company.

Here was one negative review...

https://flixed.io/set-tv-not-legitimate/
I've used it for the last month and pretty happy with it.....granted I signed up with a prepaid debit card that I just plan to reload if/when I continue. Another one I might try is Vader Stream

Reactions: cyfanatic

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Took the plunge, got Directv now and Hulu for about 1/3 of the cost of my cable, get all the ESPN channels still

Reactions: cyfanatic

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think we need a current streaming TV service check in. What is everyone on right now? I’m on:

Hulu Live (love the sports situation and access to ESPN app)