Only One NonCon Game

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Self limiting.

Of course, the way so many people are already ignoring proper procedures, maybe I can’t blame them.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I think it’s all going to be a cluster ****. I love everyone trying to get things figured out because we love sports, but I can’t imagine any of this going right. Hope I’m wrong.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The virus understands college football conferences and won’t spread inside a conference vs outside?

good to know.
It's a really smart virus that respects the bonds of conference foes. It's a tremendously brilliant virus. The best virus.

• Funny
Reactions: harimad

Waukee4Cy

Feb 4, 2020
Just a guess USD seems the likely choice. UNLV being a higher health risk. (Population, region) Ball St they wrote the contract so they could back out w/o penalty.
Have to agree. USD has less than a 4-hr drive to Ames and nobody in South Dakota seems to be cancelling anything.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Man this Sux, is this one of the Best Iowa state team of the 21st century so far and we have to play only 10 games.

What would bowl eligibility look like?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't get it. Is there really a significant benefit to cancelling non-conference games? The article linked above didn't include any of the reasoning behind it. The only thing I've heard is that it is less risky to play conference teams because we know that they will be able to maintain a consistent level of testing, etc. to mitigate the risk.

First, I think this is overestimating how well the Big 12 teams will handle their own responsibility. What about Baylor makes us trust them?

Second, what makes us think that non-conference teams can't do as much as us to mitigate risk? Many of these schools have outstanding medical schools and facilities, some better than ours.

I just don't get it. There must be some other reason, especially when the Big 12 turns against its own rationale by letting schools keep one non-conference games. I doubt it has anything to do with safety protocols and suspect it has everything to do with TV contracts, but if so, why not at least try for a full schedule?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would opt for UNLV because I wouldn't want to jeopardize the game next year in Vegas.

Which game are fans most excited about this season? Next year's game in Vegas!

Reactions: ISUCE