On to 2021

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
In the newsletter today Dresser discussed Palmer leaving. The RTC also has a new fundraising campaign. An ISU alumni is going to match all donations this summer up to $100,000. Now is the time the staff needs to make a great hire for the Volunteer Coach/RTC Athlete position. Just like North Carolina did with Jordan Oliver making him their RTC athlete and Volunteer Coach.
I would be looking for someone who is popular with the kids and have good social media/marketing skills.
A few names that I can think of are Anthony Ashnault, Bryce Meredith, Mark Hall, Etc...
Get a BIG name here and maybe our recruiting can finally pick up. I just don't have much confidence we will get that big name.

Reactions: stuclone

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
In the newsletter today Dresser discussed Palmer leaving. The RTC also has a new fundraising campaign. An ISU alumni is going to match all donations this summer up to $100,000. Now is the time the staff needs to make a great hire for the Volunteer Coach/RTC Athlete position. Just like North Carolina did with Jordan Oliver making him their RTC athlete and Volunteer Coach.
I would be looking for someone who is popular with the kids and have good social media/marketing skills.
A few names that I can think of are Anthony Ashnault, Bryce Meredith, Mark Hall, Etc...
Get a BIG name here and maybe our recruiting can finally pick up. I just don't have much confidence we will get that big name.
So you’re looking for someone like Zahid.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Does anyone know where ISU stands with Carson Manville?? He's been on 3 unofficial visits to ISU that I know of so seem to have a lot of interest. The kid was the #1 recruit in his class until his injury sidelined him for a good year and half. Would be a great fit at 174 after Colbray is gone.

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Does anyone know where ISU stands with Carson Manville?? He's been on 3 unofficial visits to ISU that I know of so seem to have a lot of interest. The kid was the #1 recruit in his class until his injury sidelined him for a good year and half. Would be a great fit at 174 after Colbray is gone.
His brother Mason isn't on the Penn State roster. Mason would be eligible right away at 157 or 165 and Carson would be a great replacement for Colbray. Is Carson back to wrestling after his injury?

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
His brother Mason isn't on the Penn State roster. Mason would be eligible right away at 157 or 165 and Carson would be a great replacement for Colbray. Is Carson back to wrestling after his injury?
Yes he competed at Super 32 last year way up at 182. Not his best showing (which im not concerned about) coming off injury and up a couple classes. Got back into wrestling shape and won 160 pound state title this year.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
As I’ve said before, I’m not high on Carson.

But I would definitely take Mason as a stop gap for 165.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Carson would be a hard one to value. Not sure if he should/would get much of a scholarship or not