On to 2021

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Also, maybe we could scout and potentially grab a kid off that juco team???

Juco?

Montana State-Northern is NAIA. They're no Grand View, but they've had a bunch of top-5 finishes in the last several years.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Hearing McDonough might be out at Wisconsin any chance we can land him on our staff.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Palmer is the volunteer assistant, so salary would come from CRTC.

I don’t believe that is correct. I’m pretty sure “volunteer” assistants get paid by the university and Since he’s an athlete with the crtc he gets paid from them also...

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t believe that is correct. I’m pretty sure “volunteer” assistants get paid by the university and Since he’s an athlete with the crtc he gets paid from them also...

The very definition of "volunteer" is that you don't get paid. And the NCAA agrees:

11.01.6 Coach, Volunteer. [A] In sports other than bowl subdivision football and basketball, a volunteer coach is any coach who does not receive compensation or remuneration from the institution’s athletics department or any organization funded in whole or in part by the athletics department or that is involved primarily in the promotion of the institution’s athletics program (e.g., booster club, athletics foundation association).

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I don't think there is a chance of getting McDonough on the staff but if it would happen I'd be damn happy about it.

Only way that it happens is if he takes the volunteer assistant position. The two assistant spots are tied up. Palmer has the volunteer position so.....

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
I don't think there is a chance of getting McDonough on the staff but if it would happen I'd be damn happy about it.

Only way that it happens is if he takes the volunteer assistant position. The two assistant spots are tied up. Palmer has the volunteer position so.....
And just like that Palmer is gone....

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
The very definition of "volunteer" is that you don't get paid. And the NCAA agrees:

11.01.6 Coach, Volunteer. [A] In sports other than bowl subdivision football and basketball, a volunteer coach is any coach who does not receive compensation or remuneration from the institution’s athletics department or any organization funded in whole or in part by the athletics department or that is involved primarily in the promotion of the institution’s athletics program (e.g., booster club, athletics foundation association).

I thought they could be paid from the universities foundation and donors. But not the athletic department... I might have misunderstood.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Other than McD, who are some other names people would like to see in the position? I wouldn't mind if Picc was another option. Extremely unlikely, but I have heard Mark Hall is wanting to get into coaching and he still hasn't signed on with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club yet. He would be an absolute homerun hire, but I think he also has some classes he is finishing at PSU and that might be his holdup from signing on with the NLWC.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Other than McD, who are some other names people would like to see in the position? I wouldn't mind if Picc was another option. Extremely unlikely, but I have heard Mark Hall is wanting to get into coaching and he still hasn't signed on with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club yet. He would be an absolute homerun hire, but I think he also has some classes he is finishing at PSU and that might be his holdup from signing on with the NLWC.
Joe Colon