TCU 1
WVU 2
TTech 1
OSU 1
OU 6
Texas 0
Kansas 1
KSU 6
Thanks for the info. Can anyone clarify how many of those were on other position groups? I can remember false starts by receivers and TEs this year as well.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Thanks for the info. Can anyone clarify how many of those were on other position groups? I can remember false starts by receivers and TEs this year as well.

I don't recall a lot of false starts on the WR's or TE's but we had a few illegal procedures when those guys didn't line up correctly.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Breakdown of false starts in each game:
UNI 0
Iowa 2
ULM 1
Baylor 0
TCU 1
WVU 2
TTech 1
OSU 1
OU 6
Texas 0
Kansas 1
KSU 6

I stand corrected. Someone else had posted that there were 6 against Baylor. Still seems like teams are doing something to make ISU jump or something. With the bowl game last year that is 19 false starts in 3 games. I know someone from OU I think got called for simulating the snap count.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I stand corrected. Someone else had posted that there were 6 against Baylor. Still seems like teams are doing something to make ISU jump or something. With the bowl game last year that is 19 false starts in 3 games. I know someone from OU I think got called for simulating the snap count.

K-State was all over our snap cadence which seemed to make the o-line really antsy. I'm not sure why we never tried to shake things up because they clearly had it figured out.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
K-State was all over our snap cadence which seemed to make the o-line really antsy. I'm not sure why we never tried to shake things up because they clearly had it figured out.
I think we just need to chalk up the KSU game as our guys having Texas-itis. Didn't want to be there, playing in the cold, in K-State's amped up senior night atmosphere. This goes for coaches and players. I think with Big 12 title hopes being out the window the last few weeks, the coaches just couldn't quite light the fire under these guys, and maybe they didn't have a whole lot of fire themselves.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I think we just need to chalk up the KSU game as our guys having Texas-itis. Didn't want to be there, playing in the cold, in K-State's amped up senior night atmosphere. This goes for coaches and players. I think with Big 12 title hopes being out the window the last few weeks, the coaches just couldn't quite light the fire under these guys, and maybe they didn't have a whole lot of fire themselves.

I think telling them would you rather go to Orlando or Memphis. Try harder unless you like Memphis at the end of December.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
And playing in 30-40mph winds.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The O-line was better than last year.
Given the loss of DM, it was significantly better imo.

Early in the year the running backs were leaving a lot of yards on the field. Even when Hall was rolling, a lot of it was due to being able to get to the second and third levels before cutting.

Very few lines dominate every game, or even a majority of games. This line certainly wasn’t one of those. But we also have Purdy, and some of the below average rushing games were by choice imo.

Get a good GT and hopefully we don’t see much of a drop off.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Passing...not rushing.
Is passing not part of the offense or reflective of the OC and OL?

The argument to make is that although our offense set records, it was inconsistent enough to greatly contribute to several of the losses. Being great in half the games while average in the other half will lead to stats that outpace the W/L record