OL going forward

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think we just need to chalk up the KSU game as our guys having Texas-itis. Didn't want to be there, playing in the cold, in K-State's amped up senior night atmosphere. This goes for coaches and players. I think with Big 12 title hopes being out the window the last few weeks, the coaches just couldn't quite light the fire under these guys, and maybe they didn't have a whole lot of fire themselves.

Since the clock hit zero I have treated that game as an outlier. It happens.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Passing...not rushing.

Yeah, you can slice of dice it any way you want, but playing in 30-40 MPH winds is just never going to work well for ISU. The OL was overwhelmed for most of the game because KSU didn't have to worry about ISU throwing over the top. Love Hall, but he needs to at least get out of the backfield to make something happen. ISU finished next to last in rushing in the Big 12, so it was no surprise when the weather made passing hard, ISU struggled. Didn't help that there were several drops, a couple of which would have been huge plays.

(Still not sure what the plan was on that backwards pass to Milton that killed a drive)

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Well DMont got hit in the backfield most plays. Breece was a yard or 3 past the line of scrimmage before he got touched. The Oline was a positive factor, right?
They should double Montgomery's yards in the record books because it seemed like every play he managed to gain 3 yards after he should have been tackled for a 3 yard loss.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron