Oklahoma vs Florida twitter

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can't seem to find it--how many of FL's defensive players opted out?

Because someone should point that out to those that are building up that excuse.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I do think this may be what finally gets us to an 8 team playoff. Players foo-fooing the Cotton Bowl like it's some low-level bowl in Shreveport is a problem for the NCAA. But it's becoming clear many top-tier players aren't playing unless it's the playoffs.

As much as ESPN dgaf about anyone outside of Bama, OSU, and about 4 others, they have realized everyone is on to them. Also, they probably finally figured out expanding the playoff will bring them more $$$.

So the narrative now is "gee whiz always same 4 teams, we better expand!" without admitting the reason it is the same 4 teams is... THEM! The unmitigated gall and lack of irony is just unreal.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Oh I watched.......and a top 10 team/elite doesn't need to score 60 to win games against good opponents. Them being ranked wasn't what I responded to......it was them being top 10. Because they aren't....even with a full offense.

And you are right we will never know. But I can be fairly certain they weren't going to score 60 on OU's defense.

I agree 100% with you last statement. Which I think was the goal all along. The rich get richer and the poor.......well. And this year with the all the massaging to get Ohio State their reservation pretty much confirmed what everyone has been thinking since the inception of the CFP and that is..........fixed. Three teams are basically locked......the rest of college football can fight for the last spot and then have fun in their wish upon a star bowls.

One big problem that could be fixed tomorrow is that you have a "committee" choosing who gets in.

A transparent formula with no human bias would go a long way in providing fairness.

Would Alabama get in by playing creampuffs in the non-con? Maybe.

Would tOSU get in with a 6-0 record? If you could show me data that proved they deserved it then I might bite.

Is a 2 point loss on the road to a top 10 team better than a 40 point blowout against an FCS team at home? Show us the numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA
What about the fans and boosters that paid good money to travel and spend money for a crap product?

It would be better to admit that you got the crap beaten out of you then to say you showed up with a **** product.

Dan Mullen, “I knew we would play like crap but I still wanted you to watch and spend money so that I could get my paycheck.”

Reactions: Blandboy

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
At this point, if your bowl isn't a CFP game it is like some low-level bowl in Shreveport. That's the problem.

Face it, ISU fans and maybe some Oregon fans are the only people who care about the Fiesta Bowl this year. I don'y really even care about the CFP this year. I will watch, but I watch any bowl game.
Maybe to some people it doesn't seem like a big deal but watch the celebration Wisconsin had after beating a mediocre team in the Mayo Bowl. These kids want to win

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Maybe to some people it doesn't seem like a big deal but watch the celebration Wisconsin had after beating a mediocre team in the Mayo Bowl. These kids want to win
There are opt outs in every league but it seems like the SEC sees the most and it’s not even close. I feel for the most part most teams want to compete and win (as you said Wisconsin celebrating yesterday shows that). But not the SEC. It is playoffs or bust for them and it is ruining college football. Our pals at ESPN can be thanked for this as well for treating anything less than the Playoffs like it’s the NIT of college football.

Reactions: Peter

Help Support Us

Become a patron