***Okie St Week Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Oklahoma State (6-0): Sagarin #11

Brocktober: 15-2. Two losses are to OSU.

Wins:
Missouri State (4-2): Sagarin #113
Tulsa (3-4): Sagrain #93
@ Boise State (3-4): Sagrain #36
Kansas State (3-3): Sagrain #33
Baylor (6-1): Sagrain #23
@ Texas (4-3): Sagrain #20

Passing Offense: #89 @ 212.3 YPG
Rushing Offense: #59 @ 169.7 YPG
Rushing Defense: #16 @ 98.8 YPG
Passing Yards Allowed: #45 @ 208.3 YPG
Turnover Margin: Tied @ #83 @ -1
Passes Which were intercepted: Tied @ #76 @ 6

Iowa State (4-2): Sagarin #9

Wins:
UNI (3-3): Sagarin #102
UNLV (0-6): Sagrain #127
Kansas (1-5): Sagarin #140
@ Kansas State (3-3): Sagrain #33

Losses:
Toe: (6-1). Sagarin #8
Baylor: (6-1) Sagrain #20

Passing Offense: #51 @ 250.8 YPG
Rushing Offense: #41 @ 187.2 YPG
Rushing Defense: #14 @ 97.7 YPG
Passing Yards Allowed: #5 @ 154.5 YPG
Turnover Margin: Tied @ #46 @ +2.
Passes Which were intercepted: Tied @ #37 @ 4

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m pretty shocked Iowa state is favored by 5.5. I think we can win, but Oklahoma State is really good. They are impressive.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Gundy has had our number and the Ok State defense is scary but we have vastly improved. K-State is no pushover and our offense seemed very productive against their defense. This is probably the best defense we'll face outside of Iowa's...if we don't turn the ball over, I like our chances. Since Sanders is turnover prone, hopefully we take advantage of that.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
125 Campus Ave! Lived there my senior year!

I was in Unit 3 my Jr & Sr years Fall 2012- Spring 2014. Easily the best years of my time in Ames. Super close to engineering classes on the west side of campus & having W Street Deli, Mother's, and Thumbs around the corner was clutch. Highlight was sneaking a keg through one of the bedrooms from the parking lot for VEISHEA 2013.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: werdnamanhill

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Gundy has had our number and the Ok State defense is scary but we have vastly improved. K-State is no pushover and our offense seemed very productive against their defense. This is probably the best defense we'll face outside of Iowa's...if we don't turn the ball over, I like our chances. Since Sanders is turnover prone, hopefully we take advantage of that.
It’s been said a lot on here about Sanders being turnover prone. He is that and very erratic. The only problem is we haven’t gotten that version really. In fact we’ve made him look like a damn all-American the past couple of times. I know he had weapons the last couple of games but he was erratic and turnover prone even with great WRs. Need him to have a bad day.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
It’s been said a lot on here about Sanders being turnover prone. He is that and very erratic. The only problem is we haven’t gotten that version really. In fact we’ve made him look like a damn all-American the past couple of times. I know he had weapons the last couple of games but he was erratic and turnover prone even with great WRs. Need him to have a bad day.

It's because we for some reason have never figured out how to contain dual threat QBs. I'm not sure what it is, but we seem to struggle with it consistently.

Reactions: jctisu

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
It's because we for some reason have never figured out how to contain dual threat QBs. I'm not sure what it is, but we seem to struggle with it consistently.
We have some good dual threat QBs coming up so hopefully we get that figured out. I think the winner of this game will be the team that gets the most pressure on the opposing QB.

• Agree
Reactions: Blackhawk6515

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We have some good dual threat QBs coming up so hopefully we get that figured out. I think the winner of this game will be the team that gets the most pressure on the opposing QB.
If that’s true, I really feel good about our chances

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN

That game was phenomenal for ISU, as we all know, and a fun surprise for a national TV audience. Okie St was 27-point favorite, sure, but it was a game that, coming in, had all the markings of a trap. I noticed that right away when the 2011 schedule came out , maybe in January of that year, although don't recall when it was moved back to the Friday night. In those days, wins were scarce, and I always looked forward to a trap opportunity. But I had no idea just how good the Cowboys season was going to be.

Here were the trap indicators for that game:
  1. ISU came off a bye
  2. OSU came in on 6 days rest
  3. It was OSU's 5th conference game on the road
  4. It was a second consecutive road game for OSU
  5. It was the week prior to Bedlam
Entering game week, additional trap signs emerged:
  1. OSU blew out Texas Tech 66-6 the week (6 days) prior
  2. A single engine plane crash, killing several OSU recruiters (non football) rocked the OSU campus the day prior to the game
In spite of all this, the Cowboys were were a missed 37 yard field goal away from avoiding OT, and escaping with a win, Had that happened, this game would have been immediately forgotten, and OSU very well could have gone onto win the BCS title that year. But as it was, ISU made their mark on BCS history, and vey nearly won themselves an ESPY in the process.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I want to see a lot of controlled run blitzes. Put on pressure, keep containment, and when he does throw it, make sure that he can't do so comfortably. I think that leads to some turnovers.

CaptainEric37

Aug 31, 2021
Broken Arrow, OK
Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I'm hoping it's a great game and if you guys win, it's not on a game ending missed field goal! Ha!

We stopped the Bijan in the second half last game, so I'm hoping, though it's not likely, we do the same thing against Hall. More likely, Breece Hall is going to do Breece Hall and run wild. We just have to pressure Purdy and hope for a couple of turnovers that make the difference. And, and, we had second half scoring last game, so look out!

I think both teams have been trying to find some consistency. We've been lucky enough to come out on the winning end. You guys should be closer to that consistency we are both looking for, since you had a tune-up game last week. You guys need this one to stay in the CCG hunt and we need it because we have an OU monkey on our back, but if we could both beat OU... I would absolutely love it if OU and Texass never play in the Big 12 CCG game again.

Anyway, have a great week brothers and sisters of the Hopeful 8.

CaptainEric37

Aug 31, 2021
Broken Arrow, OK
A must win game for the Clones in order to get to Dallas! Lose and its disappointment city in a season that will still end with a pretty nice win total.

Bottom 6 of the Big 12 are bad this year. Really can't expect any help from them vs OSU/Baylor.
Baylor does have Texas, TCU, OU, and KSU up next. Should be favored against all but OU. Hopefully they'll slip up somewhere.

I expect Baylor splits those games and goes 2-2.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I'm hoping it's a great game and if you guys win, it's not on a game ending missed field goal! Ha!

We stopped the Bijan in the second half last game, so I'm hoping, though it's not likely, we do the same thing against Hall. More likely, Breece Hall is going to do Breece Hall and run wild. We just have to pressure Purdy and hope for a couple of turnovers that make the difference. And, and, we had second half scoring last game, so look out!

I think both teams have been trying to find some consistency. We've been lucky enough to come out on the winning end. You guys should be closer to that consistency we are both looking for, since you had a tune-up game last week. You guys need this one to stay in the CCG hunt and we need it because we have an OU monkey on our back, but if we could both beat OU... I would absolutely love it if OU and Texass never play in the Big 12 CCG game again.

Anyway, have a great week brothers and sisters of the Hopeful 8.
Good win against the whorns. Should be a good one on Saturday; I'll be betting the under.