***Official Y Cap City Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
Games at Valley Southwoods starting at 4:30pm. Here are the matchups**:
4:30 Waukee Clive Vet Clinic (Conditt, Jackson, Ernst) vs. Fore the Vets (Solo, Griffin, Kourtlin Jackson)
5:45 Lions Club (Jacobson, Grill, Dante?) vs. Sparta Waste (Nixon, Anderson)
7:00 MRG International (Lewis, Johnson) vs. YMCA (Bolton, Leech)

**assuming 100% participation

Should be some interesting matchups. With minutes available in the backcourt next year I'm interested to see what the new guard/wing players bring to the table.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I think I’ll head to the 545 game to check out Nixon and Grill, still leaves time to watch the back 9 of the US Open.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
From a conversation at camp this week sounds like all ISU players will be participating today.
Nice. The league has definitely tried to schedule games this year to get the maximum participation from Iowa State players by having almost all the games on Sunday evenings. I wonder if Prohm has made it a larger priority to have the players play? I know many fans think none of the players benefit from the CCL, but I disagree. Their other option in the either play against each other (which would get pretty dull after a while) or play pick up games at the rec (which is going to be even worse competition than the CCL). Its an opportunity for some players to work on their games in ways they probably don't get to during typical practices (guys like Conditt and Young get to work on their offense against live competition rather than just playing defense and rebound) I think its a good thing to get them playing games against different competition. It's got to be more safe than playing rec games for those who complain about potential injuries during the CCL. At least they have officials to keep the games from getting too physical.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Nice. The league has definitely tried to schedule games this year to get the maximum participation from Iowa State players by having almost all the games on Sunday evenings. I wonder if Prohm has made it a larger priority to have the players play? I know many fans think none of the players benefit from the CCL, but I disagree. Their other option in the either play against each other (which would get pretty dull after a while) or play pick up games at the rec (which is going to be even worse competition than the CCL). Its an opportunity for some players to work on their games in ways they probably don't get to during typical practices (guys like Conditt and Young get to work on their offense against live competition rather than just playing defense and rebound) I think its a good thing to get them playing games against different competition. It's got to be more safe than playing rec games for those who complain about potential injuries during the CCL. At least they have officials to keep the games from getting too physical.

I think the difference from a few years ago is that the coaches are now allowed to have organized practices all summer so they are getting instruction and live play in with games being played the way the coaches want them to. Also with a lot of the NBA and Pro alums in town they get to work against them in open gyms which would far exceed anything they would get in the CCL.

Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I know, just cap city league. But if Tre can shoot the 3, he'll see the floor plenty this year.

He’s tiny and has all the characteristics of a cap city star but we do need a shooter.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I know, just cap city league. But if Tre can shoot the 3, he'll see the floor plenty this year.

It’s always a good sign to see guys perform. Melvin and Naz were two guys who really played well in Cap City as freshmen and eventually showed it in the B12.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Any other news from any of these games yet?

Tre will get a LOT of mins if he can shoot it. We're going to need shooters.