***Official Y Cap City Thread***

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I feel the best chance TL has to get mins is if he can defend and do it well. Prohm likes to run 4 and 1. Last season we had THT and MS who could defend the opposing 4. Given the potential lineup up of two 6' 2" guards and licorice whip THT we don't have great size at the wings. TL has the body but with Zion emerging TL can be outside looking unless he can devote himself to the defensive end.
Prohm ran the 4 and one because that was the best combination he had. Going forward, he will continue to utilize the best combination of talent he has, regardless of position.

Because he’s a damn good coach, and that’s what damn good coaches do.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Insider cred: my 4-year-old was in a music class with Cass Prohm.

Things I know for sure: Cass and Mrs. Prohm are very nice. Cass’s Valentines card game is on point. Mrs. Prohm speaks very highly of Monte Morris as a human being.

Things upon which I will baselessly speculate: I think everyone is disappointed that Lewis didn’t make a leap this year, but that doesn’t mean we think he’s a bad person. I have no idea what is happening behind the scenes, but it seems reasonable to think that if it was an effort/attitude issue, Lewis might not be coming back for year 3.

Lewis has the measurables and athleticism to be a very good player. It seems like he needs consistent minutes for confidence and rhythm. I can understand being skeptical, but it would be great to see him make the leap, and it’s nit unreasonable to think that he might.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
You can’t judge post players at the CCL the same way you judge guards.
Why not? Cam basically did the same thing in the CCL as he did in his freshman year. (Ran the court, dunked, blocked shots, showed glimpses of high level passes.)

Now if a big is out there shooting 3’s and trying to be a guard, then I agree. Merrill Holden is an example of that. He shot a ton of a 3’s and then didn’t shoot one all year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why not? Cam basically did the same thing in the CCL as he did in his freshman year. (Ran the court, dunked, blocked shots, showed glimpses of high level passes.)

Now if a big is out there shooting 3’s and trying to be a guard, then I agree. Merrill Holden is an example of that. He shot a ton of a 3’s and then didn’t shoot one all year.

You’re right. I just meant you can’t expect a post to put up the numbers (points) in the CCL as a guard. That’s why I’m more encouraged by conditt on Sunday than Lewis.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006

Not arguing with your Cam point - will defer to you; I didn't see any of him at that point. In general, it's harder to judge big guys in these glorified pick-up games, because the games cater to guards and wings, those with the ball in their hands. And, the threes are raining...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Dorsey-Walker. It's the situation I see Lewis in right now.

DW didn't light the court on fire, but showed potential. The season ends and we as fans are waiting for DW to make the jump Mat T. and Naz made, but he fizzled. I remember really liking Dorsey-Walker's game and being bummed because you want to see these guys succeed.

This is the most important start to a season Lewis will ever have. He looks the part for sure, and I'm still bullish on the season he'll have this year.

Pretty sure Lewis has more game experience (and showed more in that time) than SDW to this point (not to mention being more highly regarded coming in), but I agree that the start of this season is very important. I expect him to get every opportunity to prove it.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Not arguing with your Cam point - will defer to you; I didn't see any of him at that point. In general, it's harder to judge big guys in these glorified pick-up games, because the games cater to guards and wings, those with the ball in their hands. And, the threes are raining...
Oh absolutely. They usually have a huge size advantage too unless it’s two ISU guys guarding each other.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I’d say good for him. If only the ncaa line was the Hs 3 point line and then maybe he’d be better than a 29% 3P shooter when it matters (d1 games)
He needs to do what he does best. Slash, cut to the basket, shoot midrange jumpers and take the occasional 3. That's what his game should be. I think we'll have enough 3pt shooters this year, but might be lacking guys that can get to the basket. Lewis can help with that. He showed he had that ability early last season.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Leech had the same impression on me that Cam Lard did the first time I saw him in Cap City; seems like a high emotion/high energy player that has a truckload of potential. Zion Griffin last year but much quicker off the bounce.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron