*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This is petty, but I had to roll my eyes when I read the summary of the game in the Des Moines Register. Overall, the article was positive, but there were two things that made me shake my head.

First, the article commented on how Iowa State's 3 point shooting percentage rebounded from it's dismal 0.5% from against Alabama State. I could have sworn we were 1 for 20 that game, not 1 for 200.

Then the article commented that Xavier's bench put up 34 points while Iowa State’s bench managed just 7 points. Yet it didn't bother to point out that Iowa State's starters put up 75, while Xavier's starters managed just 36.

Petty, I know, but it still bugged me.

Did they mention that them having to play Nunge so much doomed them?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Only thing I would disagree with you about is Enaruna's game. He isn't anywhere near his ceiling, to be sure, but when he's aggressive (which isn't often), he can take people off the dribble, and has some nice inside moves.
I hope so. I don't see the footwork around the bucket and he hasn't shown me a jump hook. He's quick and agile, it's true.. You can't really be considered a wing in today's game without an outside shot and we haven't seen that.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This is petty, but I had to roll my eyes when I read the summary of the game in the Des Moines Register. Overall, the article was positive, but there were two things that made me shake my head.

First, the article commented on how Iowa State's 3 point shooting percentage rebounded from it's dismal 0.5% from against Alabama State. I could have sworn we were 1 for 20 that game, not 1 for 200.

Then the article commented that Xavier's bench put up 34 points while Iowa State’s bench managed just 7 points. Yet it didn't bother to point out that Iowa State's starters put up 75, while Xavier's starters managed just 36.

Petty, I know, but it still bugged me.

you have to look REALLY hard to put any negative local spin on that game given last year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He's better - and bigger - than I thought he was. The Xavier fans behind me were flipping out when he was carrying them and then got subbed out.
I don't remember him looking anywhere near as polished in his Hawkeye career. Must have refined his game some. This is at least his 4th collegiate season, maybe 5th. And listed at 7 feet now, you're right. I swear that's taller than his listed height at Iowa. I thought he was like 6'9" when he played there

Reactions: isutrevman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I don't remember him looking anywhere near as polished in his Hawkeye career. Must have refined his game some. This is at least his 4th collegiate season, maybe 5th. And listed at 7 feet now, you're right. I swear that's taller than his listed height at Iowa. I thought he was like 6'9" when he played there
I was surprised that he looked so much taller than George. The mechanics on his shot are really solid.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
you have to look REALLY hard to put any negative local spin on that game given last year.

Diminishing The Clones is more than just a name, it's our way of doing business.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He started with Garza I think so I’m saying at least 5.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Question for those that know, how many years do kids have left for eligibility? Kalcheur and Brockington have another if they want it? Robert Jones? Enuruna? Kunc? Could Condit come back?
Per our updated scholarship chart.
Condit, Brockington, Kalscheur and Kunc are seniors but could come back for another year. The only one I've heard not likely to return is Brockington who is in his 5th year already. Jones, Enaruna, Gill and Jackson are juniors so would each have 2 more years if they take the bonus.

Reactions: Neptune78