*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Why would we let them stay close?

:jimlad:
Screw that! Drink the Kool-aid, Memphis is going down!
We were shorthanded and still kicked the X men's ass.
We might not lose another game….
Play close?

major-league.gif
Close **** that let’s beat their ass
I think we got our 'attitude' back! :)

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If he plays four years Hunter is certainly going to break Monte’s steals record.

Haliburton and Morris clearly had ability to get steals right away but Hunter is on another level.

That play where he sprung a trap was hilarious.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody do that from a dead stop before.

Bait the passer and then just LAUNCH and intercept like that.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I didn’t have to balls to predict a cyclone win at the beginning of this thread. Especially after seeing some Xavier route predictions. I just had a feeling. Damn should have thrown it out there

• Friendly
Reactions: psychlone99

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Kind of is what it is at this point. I was kind of hoping we would sit him until the last TV timeout of the half after his first.

On a brighter note he looks so much better and more engaged under TJ. He's literally twice as good as he was at any point since maybe the very beginning of his sophomore year. He's actually a pretty good 5 man and yeah it'd be nice to keep him on the court. He gets some silly fouls for sure but IMO he gets screwed more often on cheap BS ones too.

He doesn't get enough credit for his range on defense. He actually has the ability to get to just about everything on the floor and in the air and it backfires on him a lot because if he couldn't get there then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. But he does, and he's always getting whistled right or wrong.
Hard to be critical with how George is playing. If anybody has a great season I hope its George. High energy, positive dude. Love the guy.

I think TJ and Kyle Green will work on him/coach him on how best to direct his effort, for the team. If he could just curtail his fouling even just a little bit?

Reactions: RezClone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Couple random observations.

Memohis by far brought the most fans. Followed with a big gap then Xavier then ISU then a massive gap to Virginia tech. Like VT brought 40 people.

Memphis and Xavier are the only teams to bring cheerleaders and Memphis brought 3x as many plus their mascot.

Barclays Center is a very modern and dark arena. Most of the concessions are closed but the seruo Is fantastic.

Xavier fans just aren’t that friendly. Not mean. Just not that open to conversation compared to the other schools.

VT fans are the nicest

All the floor seats are taken by Upsie employees
and they don’t give a **** about any team and I still don’t understand what Upsie is.

Memphis’ and Iowa State’s pregame videos are light years ahead of both VTs and Xavier’s.

Hardaway looks way skinnier in person

Also since I made this comment VT fans have shown up and they probably have as much as us

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hard to be critical with how George is playing. If anybody has a great season I hope its George. High energy, positive dude. Love the guy.

I think TJ and Kyle Green will work on him/coach him on how best to direct his effort, for the team. If he could just curtail his fouling even just a little bit?

Keeping George out of foul trouble might be the story of the season.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Jones is also proving valuable. Kind of plodding, has trouble getting the ball in the basket, but another selfless, hardworking player that will spell GC and maybe help keep him on the court.

Reactions: Bubba Hubba

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I mean that isn't a surprise...he's a freshman in his 5th game.
Right, wasn’t putting him down was just an observation in his first 5 games. Awesome defensively in passing lanes etc

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I love George’s emotion and intensity but he needs to keep it under control, that is at least technical #2 (maybe 3 but don’t remember) on the season. We can’t afford him constantly being in foul trouble.

Heard thru the grapevine that some accused him of being a 'drama queen' type when he was a freshmen. While surely he has matured alot, lets hope he does play smarter as the season progresses. He can really help us.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Keeping George out of foul trouble might be the story of the season.
Seems like GC gets at least one mystery foul a game. I really want good things to happen for GC, he's probably not gotten the best coaching but has remained a hard worker with a positive attitude.