*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
This team might be good
AcceptableBlackandwhiteAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
First 10 minutes were great on the defensive end, but then Xavier really started exploring the paint and scoring at a much higher pace on the last 10 minutes. Ultimately, I think to win this game, we will need to slow Xavier down again. Just don’t think we have enough firing power to be winning a game in the 80s.

Those complaining about inbound plays. Is this the first game you have watched this year? Rough tonight yes, but overall very good the first four games.
Think Brockington took my post personally at half. He definitely showed us some firing power.

Reactions: atlantacyclone

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I like where this is going. We'll get a reputation for smothering defense. Reminds me of how West Virginia used to be this rough team and and you never get calls against them. I don't see us being the "rough" team but instead outworking everyone. Love it. Win or lose, this team is fun to watch.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
It’s crazy how fun this team is to watch. I said it jokingly our first game but I honestly did forget just how enjoyable ISU basketball can be. And it’s not just about them winning, it’s our style of play. These guys just bust their ass and are tough as nails.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Okay.....since August I have been saying this is a bubble team. Backed off when Foster and Hinson bolted....but then after Oregon State revisited my prediction. I now think I was wrong. Outside of an injury or two......this team will be in the dance.