NFL: ***Official Week Six Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Pats get a light scrimmage in against the Giants without Saquon Barkley, Wayne Gallman, Evan Engram, and Sterling Shepard tonight.

Best of Week Six:

HOU @ KC - On paper it should be a shootout. I'm pulling for the Chiefs to get right and do the COlts a solid by knocking off their only serious competition for the AFC South. Getting Tyreek Hill back in the fold will be huge for them if he's activated for this one.

PHI @ MIN - I don't know what to make of this one. I think the Eagles pull it off but they've been a little up and down so it's tough to know which team is going to show up. Could have big postseason implications since both teams could be fighting for a wild card down the stretch.

SF @ LA Rams - Big NFC West game. It's too early for any game to be an elimination game but a loss for the Rams would put them at 3-3, trailing the Niners and Seahawks in the division.

DET @ GB - The Lions have a shot at bringing Green Bay back to the pack in the North.

MIA @ WSH - Sheer morbid curiosity. The team actively trying to lose vs. the team that unintentionally sucks. The loser will be the winner, with the inside track on the first overall pick.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'd put money in a Bountygate type pot if someone could injure Tyreek Hill again, who do I contact?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching - October 29th. It used to be that the trade deadline was pretty quiet but the last few years there's been more activity. There are a handful of teams who could and should be sellers - Redskins, Bengals, maybe the Broncos depending on how the next couple weeks shake out, the Dolphins (if there's anything left worth trading), and maybe the Falcons. Kind of feels like their window has slammed shut.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching - October 29th. It used to be that the trade deadline was pretty quiet but the last few years there's been more activity. There are a handful of teams who could and should be sellers - Redskins, Bengals, maybe the Broncos depending on how the next couple weeks shake out, the Dolphins (if there's anything left worth trading), and maybe the Falcons. Kind of feels like their window has slammed shut.
I would to see the Chiefs trade for Patrick Peterson.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I would to see the Chiefs trade for Patrick Peterson.

Yeah, they could use the help. Peterson is a guy that could be dealt. I think AJ Green and Geno Atkins could be on the move if the Bengals full-on commit to tanking. The Redskins should cut bait on Trent Williams and get what they can. He's not coming back no matter how long they wait. I guess Diggs is still a possibility in Minnesota. The Dolphins could maybe get something of value for Davante Parker and/or Kenyan Drake.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Yeah, they could use the help. Peterson is a guy that could be dealt. I think AJ Green and Geno Atkins could be on the move if the Bengals full-on commit to tanking. The Redskins should cut bait on Trent Williams and get what they can. He's not coming back no matter how long they wait. I guess Diggs is still a possibility in Minnesota. The Dolphins could maybe get something of value for Davante Parker and/or Kenyan Drake.
Washington definitely needs to move Trent Williams. He'll have value on the market.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Washington definitely needs to move Trent Williams. He'll have value on the market.

I don't really understand what their line of thought is on anything. He's over 30, and while he's still good it's obvious that they're staring at a long rebuild that if it ever comes to fruition he'll be well past his prime. Oh, and he's made it clear that he isn't going to play for them anymore. There's a healthy market for good left tackles out there. Trade him for a pick or two and move on.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If Minnesota traded Diggs they better get an awful lot in return.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
There is optimism AJ Green will be back soon-ish because he practiced today for the first time since July. After the practice the media asked Zac Taylor if they will move AJG before the deadline and his "definitive" answer is an absolute no. They're not trading him.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
There is optimism AJ Green will be back soon-ish because he practiced today for the first time since July. After the practice the media asked Zac Taylor if they will move AJG before the deadline and his "definitive" answer is an absolute no. They're not trading him.

That might be the answer today. They might think differently when they're sitting at 0-8 at the deadline. Besides, it's not up to Zac Taylor.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The Patriots defense rules again against a team that might not beat Clemson. No QB1 Eli (if you'll give him benefit of the doubt), No RB1 Saquon, No RB2 Gallman, No WR1 Shepard, No TE1 Engram. Joke.

At least they'll get a challenge next week...against 0-4 NY Jets.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Patriots defense rules again against a team that might not beat Clemson. No QB1 Eli (if you'll give him benefit of the doubt), No RB1 Saquon, No RB2 Gallman, No WR1 Shepard, No TE1 Engram. Joke.

At least they'll get a challenge next week...against 0-4 NY Jets.

It was a joke of a game. The Pats sleepwalked through most of it and still easily covered. I'll admit their defense looks great but I want to see it in action against a respectable offense first. It's easy to look dominant against JV competition.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Davante Adams out.
Todd Gurley doubtful.
Alvin Kamara questionable.
Tyreek Hill game time decision.
Mr Glass Sammy Watkins is doubtful.
David Johnson game time decision.
Mason Rudolph out. Steelers starting Devlin Hodges (?????????????).
Melvin Gordon's reps are expected to increase.
Jalen Ramsey questionable. "Major surprise if he plays."

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Winston throws pick on 1st play of game. Panthers only get 3 out of it though.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Diggs just caught a 62 yard TD pass from Cousins. Just blew past the Eagles secondary.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron