NFL: ***Official Week Six Thread***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
NFL officiating is pathetic. I can remember when there were replacement refs and ESPN would highlight every single missed call in every game. I wonder why they aren't doing that now.

Yep. Lions did get hosed with two BS illegal hands to the face.

And yet, the Lions had to kick 5 FGs. If just one of those is a TD, we're not even having this conversation. It's why Lions fans are tired of Stafford, especially when you look at Rodgers winning games.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
NFL officiating is pathetic. I can remember when there were replacement refs and ESPN would highlight every single missed call in every game. I wonder why they aren't doing that now.

It's the Packers in Lambeau. Phantom offensive PI calls against the Vikings and now two made up hands to the face calls against the Lions at the worst possible times. We'll have to wait until December to see what creative ways they find to help the Packers beat the Bears.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That was a really bad call at a critical moment.
Yep, and the one they called earlier was even worse for the Lions. Had Rodgers sacked and Packers were punting. B.S. Flag, give them a 1st Down. Next play or two TD pass for Packers.

(Congrats to Lazard on the TD though)

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
It's the Packers in Lambeau. Phantom offensive PI calls against the Vikings and now two made up hands to the face calls against the Lions at the worst possible times. We'll have to wait until December to see what creative ways they find to help the Packers beat the Bears.
Yep, the usual Lambeau screw-job.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Wow, kind of surprising especially with Talib just going on I.R.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Plus he's been terrible on the field for them this year.
Yeah, he got a lot of press early because of his interception numbers. But he was never a lock down guy. He took risks, which sometimes paid off, but he got beat a lot as well. He's sort of "just a guy" now. Not completely terrible, but not great either

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Now moving Peters makes sense. Ramsey is a great corner, but he's not going to help their offensive problems much.

Yep. Bold move but it doesn't address the offensive line, which is their biggest problem. And it's only Week Six but they've already fallen behind the Seahawks and Niners in the West and lost once to each of those teams. Little whiff of desperation around this trade. I'm not disappointed to see him leave the AFC South. He's a true shutdown corner and he'll for sure make the Rams defense better.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Marcus Mariota, we hardly knew ye.

Look at this list of QBs drafted in 2015. That is a lean, lean year. I guess Mariota is the best of the class by virtue of having won a playoff game?

2015 - QB
RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL TEAM
1 1 Jameis Winston QB Florida State Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 2 Marcus Mariota QB Oregon Tennessee Titans
3 75 Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State New Orleans Saints
3 89 Sean Mannion QB Oregon State St. Louis Rams
4 103 Bryce Petty QB Baylor New York Jets
5 147 Brett Hundley QB UCLA Green Bay Packers
7 250 Trevor Siemian QB Northwestern Denver Broncos

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Now moving Peters makes sense. Ramsey is a great corner, but he's not going to help their offensive problems much.

It's also kind of surprising that they dealt for Ramsey without having a contract extension in place. That'll give him plenty of leverage when it is time to talk contract. They can't justify sending two first rounders and a fourth rounder out the door for a 1.5 season rental.

Help Support Us

Become a patron