***Official USMNT Thread***

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
and the strategy of taking goal kicks, kicking it to the back line, asking a 156lb winger to win it isn't exactly working. This is so bad.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
That was pathetic. This may be the first time I've ever said this, but they might need to put Bedoya in there. Get some energy out there, even though I'm not a huge fan of his. Nagbe isn't doing anything and Omar is going through the motions.... at a snail's pace.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
remember when Bruce Arena was hired and all the players were happy because Arena doesn't ask anything "extra" of them? This is why that is a problem.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My brother married a German....guess I'll join that bandwagon...ugh

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
i live in KC. I've partied with Zusi. I go to lots of Sporting games. Get him the **** out of there.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Bruce Arena is out of his element. Zusi should not be on this field. This is absolute trash. Geoff Cameron not on this field? No Fabian? **** the MLS it ******* sucks stop thinking you are smarter than everyone else.

Remember people ***** all the time about Geoff Cameron and Tim Ream on this board but they are hands down our best center backs and it isnt close.

That was rough to watch on so many levels, but a draw was good enough for now.

Ummmm a draw is not good enough. If Panama wins tonight we are tied for 4th with 2 matches to play. Ending up 4th in a one game playoff with Australia or Syria is no gimme and not a guaranteed ticket to Russia. Everyone claiming 1 was good enough today is wrong. Anything can happen when we play Panama and our worst fears could be recognized because when Honduras plays Mex and Costa Rica who knows if they need results late in the group.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Remember people ***** all the time about Geoff Cameron and Tim Ream on this board but they are hands down our best center backs and it isnt close.

Ummmm a draw is not good enough. If Panama wins tonight we are tied for 4th with 2 matches to play. Ending up 4th in a one game playoff with Australia or Syria is no gimme and not a guaranteed ticket to Russia. Everyone claiming 1 was good enough today is wrong. Anything can happen when we play Panama and our worst fears could be recognized because when Honduras plays Mex and Costa Rica who knows if they need results late in the group.

It's not ideal, but we play the bottom two teams in the group. We have a significant goal difference advantage. 6 points will guarantee third, but this was still a terrible week.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So what happens if we get 4th?

Before the final four games, the consensus was we needed 7 points to be safe. We can still do that, just leaves no room for playing half assed anymore.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
So what happens if we get 4th?

Before the final four games, the consensus was we needed 7 points to be safe. We can still do that, just leaves no room for playing half assed anymore.
I believe 4th place in CONCACAF then has to play in a playoff for a chance at one of the last spots. Looking at Wikipedia it looks like we'd have to play either Syria or Australia home and away, aggregate winner qualifies for the World Cup.

• Agree
Reactions: CyStateOfMind

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I believe 4th place in CONCACAF then has to play in a playoff for a chance at one of the last spots. Looking at Wikipedia it looks like we'd have to play either Syria or Australia home and away, aggregate winner qualifies for the World Cup.

Cool, thanks. So let's just get third.
God bless you wikipedia. Would have made being lazy a lot easier in school back in the day.

CyStateOfMind

Jul 23, 2016
California
That was such a crucial and clutch goal by Wood last night. Very uninspiring performance by the team.

After the Panama win yesterday, the October 6th match against Panama in Orlando will essentially decide the 3rd place qualification spot.

The DEFINITION of a must win game.

CyStateOfMind

Jul 23, 2016
California
It's not ideal, but we play the bottom two teams in the group. We have a significant goal difference advantage. 6 points will guarantee third, but this was still a terrible week.
I tell you what, in the 80th minute yesterday, watching a terrible game, a point was HUGE. Agree with you here, because of that point, we control our own destiny. Beat Panama= in the driver's seat

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron