***Official USMNT Thread***

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
^ Haha, I've actually read that wiki page before. And I agree, there isn't really one exact specified color, but the colors used on the flag are definitely darker than the blue used with this kit.

yes it for sure is. But I still like it.

Now what I don't like are 10 central start times. Screw espn and the mcd's all American game.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
USA ties but really won the game. Goal was waived off because of off sides but replay clearly showed they got screwed. Then 2 minutes later a foul should have been called just outside the box but ref chokes on his own whistle.

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
I'm drinking like we won 4-2 but I'm not upset about dos a dos. Hell of a first half, Bradley is Il Generale, my man crush on Zusi continues, Wondo just ******* scores, Green did enough for the hype train to keep on rolling, Rafa Marquez is a grade-A douchenozzle, Panamaniac refs blow. I think that covers everything...

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
The offside call was bad and from the way the announcers called it, it sounded like the flag went up very late. Definitely thought the Green got fouled just outside the box. The ref did a good job for the majority of the match, but seemed to get caught up in the moment late. USA looked really good in the first half and movement looked good. Second half seemed like they got tentative. The back line looked really shaky early in the second half.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
It was a terrible call. The flag was really late, plus it was the guy on the far side of the field. He couldn't have even seen EJ because he was being blocked by the defender, so how could he be offsides if you can't even see him.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
5 goals for Dempsey in his last two matches. We REALLY need him in form for Brazil, so hopefully he keeps on scoring.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Dempsey now with 7 goals in his last 4 matches with Seattle. I don't know if any of you guys follow MLS closely, but the Sounders are really fun to watch right now. Dempsey and Obafemi Martins are crazily in sync and playing some nice one and two touch stuff together. DeAndre Yedlin is also another guy in Seattle to keep an eye on as he's a future right back option for the USMNT.

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
Dempsey now with 7 goals in his last 4 matches with Seattle. I don't know if any of you guys follow MLS closely, but the Sounders are really fun to watch right now. Dempsey and Obafemi Martins are crazily in sync and playing some nice one and two touch stuff together. DeAndre Yedlin is also another guy in Seattle to keep an eye on as he's a future right back option for the USMNT.

I watched his hat trick against Portland and the game saturday against the Rapids. I wouldn't say he single-handedly took control of the game because that's not really how he plays, but he is very clearly the most dangerous player on the field. His touch in the final third is just the best in MLS right now and Obi is just playing his role perfectly so deuce can do his roaming thing he does. The only thing that scares me as far as this form translating to the USMNT is Seattle has been bossing the midfield for the most part which is allowing Dempsey and Obi to make those diagonal runs that they both do very well. I don't see us bossing the midfield like that against most teams unless we can find the right compliment to Bradley at CM (I think I still vote Cameron but that's another discussion) and Dempsey needs to have that relationship with whoever the other striker is. And this assumes that Jurgen will be playing him as a withdrawn forward which I think you have to at this point. Jurgen hasn't been big on the 4-4-2 but I think that's the best formation for Clint and Jozy and it's the only way we are going to score enough goals.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Seattle has been insane this year in the MLS. They're now on top of the Supporters Shield Table. And I'm stoked that they are. Been supporting them since their first game in the MLS.

It's awesome that Clint Dempsey is back in form. But now we're worried about Jozy.

Yedlin's good too but I think he needs some work. Sometimes I notice he's attacking at the wrong times when he's supposed to defend.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I'm shocked someone (unless they're or you're new) didn't hear about Zelalem before.

After we got Green a bunch of people were saying we got to get Zelalem.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I was wondering about Zelalem last month but it really seemed like a long shot for him to pick us over Germany at the time, seems like he has a ton of potential.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The US used to bleed soccer talent, particularly Italian-Americans to Italy. It's nice to see that trend reversing.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I think the first professional competition for Zelalem will probably be the Rio Olympics. He'll probably play in some friendlies as well like Green before hand.

There's alot of kids in academies in Europe right now, I think Juventus signed an 18 or 19 year old from Sporting KC's Academy system.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
I think the first professional competition for Zelalem will probably be the Rio Olympics. He'll probably play in some friendlies as well like Green before hand.

There's alot of kids in academies in Europe right now, I think Juventus signed an 18 or 19 year old from Sporting KC's Academy system.
Erik Palmer-Brown, Juve tried to buy him for >$1,000,000 (for a 16 year old) and SKC turned them down, kids another local product like Besler and Zusi

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
Erik Palmer-Brown, Juve tried to buy him for >$1,000,000 (for a 16 year old) and SKC turned them down, kids another local product like Besler and Zusi

Yeah he's supposed to be a pretty big deal. I'm sure he'll be getting some minutes in a couple years, it's nice that they have a solid enough squad they aren't forcing him into the big leagues before he's ready, though (See: Adu, Freddy).

And Zusi isn't a local product, he's from Orlando, he just got got drafted by KC.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron