*** OFFICIAL TexAss Prediction Thread ***

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I want to say Iowa State wins. If I was writing this with my heart I'd say Iowa State 24, Texas 20.

But Texas has the best defensive line in the country. We are something like 96-116th in allowing negative plays on offense. And the worst rushing attack in the Big 12.

They are Top 20 in forcing negative plays defensively.

I like where we are heading. If we were a veteran team at 6-4, I'd pick Iowa State. But we're a young team facing an older team whose also more purely talented and as yet, has not stubbed their toe so everything they want is still for them to reach by winning.

All of that leads me to think Texas and maybe Texas big. Its amazing that we're in a bowl and the staff and players should be proud of that as should we as fans. But a cold drink of reality says Texas is simply on a very, different level than we are as of todays date so... sadly...

Texas 38
Iowa State 17

I just don't see this as a favorable physical matchup. And I think Sark has somewhat, not completely, but somewhat closed the culture gap between the programs that used to exist.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Unfortunately we p!$$ down our legs. I hope I am wrong but we usually don’t play well when it’s on the line. I will be more than happy to come back and eat crow without condiments or seasonings.

Edit: I will be rooting like h3!! for the Clones to kick their @$$3$ up one side of the field to the other

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Between Texas, Colorado, and Michigan, you could have a full season of a Mexican television soap opera.

With that said... I've said it for 2 years now in countless threads... Sark is changing the culture there one class at a time and getting the right kids to buy in. They aren't "back" because I don't think they were recently consistent enough to be back to anything. They're capable of beating any team by 20 pts. But they still have some gaps and some egos so can also lose by 20 to anybody.

As odd as it sounds, this is going to be the first game where ISU can actually show how much they've grown and how much talent there is. We played like **** early in the year, hit a few really bad teams and took care of business, and haven't played a top tier team since OU. To me, this game will tell us more about next year than all the prior games combined.
Yep, Sark is definitely changing the culture there. He’s definitely changed for the better, since getting sober.
I imagine those struggles throughout his life have made him a better person and leader for his players too.

Last edited:
Reactions: stateofmind

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Current Stop Rate rankings from The Athletic

Columns are the following - Games/Possessions/Stop Rate/Points Per Poss.

1700081688325.png

Iowa state was in the mid 50's after the Ohio game. Defense has improved almost every week in this statistic.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I really thought we would win out just to get ****** by the tiebreaker, but I think that's been resolved right?

The KU game I thought would be easy since it was night, against a ranked team, wearing black, etc. But I think the first game with that much hype might've been too much for Rocco and team. Or maybe it was the conservative play-calling in the first half.

The first drive by each team may tell the tale of this game. If we hold them to a 3 and out on their first drive I like our chances. If we go 3 and out on our first I don't like our chances.

Cooper has to be back, but will he be 100%? OU we were missing Verdon, KU we were missing Cooper. We haven't been full strength back there for a good opponent. This is a must if we are to win this game.

We are playing with house money, they are playing for their CFP hopes. I'm going with my heart, 24-21. But I'm not putting a dime on the Cyclones.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think Texas does sprint out to an early lead, similar to what we've seen recent weeks vs K-State and TCU. But then for whatever reason they let off the gas. They get bored, tired, complacent Idk what the reason is...

at any rate, that would be my prediction for this game. We might get into a hole, I could even see 21-0 or 24-0, but then come back to make it interesting before ultimately falling short. Something like 35-27 and having a chance to tie late but running out of gas.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Hufford talking a lot ****. Should have kept it in the locker room. I’ve seen this rodeo before. This is gonna motivate Texas - a Texas team that’s not like past Texas teams led by Strong or Herman. They are a talented and connected team. 5* players that are competing unselfishly.

Students will be gone due to Thanksgiving also.

Texas runs up on us early, Iowa State tries to crawl back, but loses 37-15. They just have too much talent this year.

Still will have fun at the game - should be relatively warm for a day in Ames for a good day of tailgating.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
The only positive is that TexAss's defensive backs are the weakest point of their defense. If Brahmer, Noel, and Higgins get separation, we should be able to get points.
The run game WILL NOT WORK. You can bookmark this and make me eat crow if it does, but it will not work.
I think you're getting a little carried away with describing Texas as a combination of the '70's Steelers, '85 Bears, and 2000's Patriots.

It's the same story every year with Texas. What do we always hear?: Texas is back; they'll win the Big XII for sure; they're a playoff team; yada, yada, yada.

I watched their games vs OU and TCU, and to me they looked exactly like the Texas teams from the last 5 years. No killer instinct at all. Maybe they'll smoke us, maybe not, but I think we'll be ready for this one unlike it seemed versus KU.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Texas 34-13

Something like this.

Texas is simply much more talented (and better) than we are, especially at the LOS. I think we struggle to run and Rocco is running for his life most of the game. On the other side of the ball I think Ewers rips us to shreds and the stats look more like Oklahoma than the seasonal averages (which have been largely against terrible offenses and QBs).

Texas will probably be 35-42 and we'll be in the 13-20 range, with one or more of our scores coming when the game is way out of reach,.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I think we need to win the turnover battle by at least 2 to win this. I'll be optimistic and go 27-24 Clones, though won't be surprised at all by a double digit loss.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Yep, Sark is definitely changing the culture there. He’s definitely changed for the better, since getting sober.
I imagine those struggles throughout his life have made him a better person and leader for his players too.
What a guy

He might be a fine person, but comes off as a gigantic douchebag here

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron