***Official Texas vs. Iowa State Game Thread***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Hope White is feeling better and we can start conference ball out with a win! Go Cyclones!!

It's probably too much to expect a rejuvenated effort at the drop of a hat — but it's a fresh start opportunity, at home. It would be encouraging to open 1-0 in conference.

That hasn't happened since 06-07, I think.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
interesting matchups in this game...Texas has 2 capable point guards against our 0...they will press us at times (see McD 2nd half with Brackins) because they know our PG play is bad.

Myck Kabongo
J'Covan Brown
Shelden McClellan
Jonathan Holmes
Alexis Wangmene

they have lots of freshmen...with this being there first road B12 game they'll be nervous.
I think Bubu will get major minutes tomorrow...with there guard situation being stacked we'll need a guard lineup

If I was coach, I would start this

Allen
SC
Babb
Ejim
White

Bubu the first off the bench, McGee, Booker(I think he could do good regarding the matchup), and Gibson

This lineup matches up size wise and athletic wise with them...I'd have SC guard Kabongo because he will be the primary point with Brown as the slasher...have Babb guard Brown and Allen guard McClellan or Julien Lewis who will be off the bench at guard...if Clint Chapman comes in then have Booker come in as that is a good matchup for Booker, just tell him to box out Chapman and we'll be good.

Also, throw it into WHITE!! He will be on Wangmene and should have a good matchup with him..Wangmene doesn't score to much so he can be the middle of the zone...I do think we should play zone as they aren't a good shooting team...they feed off of Brown's dribble drive...need to know where he is at all times.

In summary, Texas is really down this year and I think we win given that the crowd comes out and White isn't sick and ready to go..we will need him in this one.

Iowa State 68
Texas 63

Last edited:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
interesting matchups in this game...Texas has 2 capable point guards against our 0...they will press us at times (see McD 2nd half with Brackins) because they know our PG play is bad.

Myck Kabongo
J'Covan Brown
Shelden McClellan
Jonathan Holmes
Alexis Wangmene

they have lots of freshmen...with this being there first road B12 game they'll be nervous.
I think Bubu will get major minutes tomorrow...with there guard situation being stacked we'll need a guard lineup

If I was coach, I would start this

Allen
SC
Babb
Ejim
White

Bubu the first off the bench, McGee, Booker(I think he could do good regarding the matchup), and Gibson

This lineup matches up size wise and athletic wise with them...I'd have SC guard Kabongo because he will be the primary point with Brown as the slasher...have Babb guard Brown and Allen guard McClellan or Julien Lewis who will be off the bench at guard...if Clint Chapman comes in then have Booker come in as that is a good matchup for Booker, just tell him to box out Chapman and we'll be good.

Also, throw it into WHITE!! He will be on Wangmene and should have a good matchup with him..Wangmene doesn't score to much so he can be the middle of the zone...I do think we should play zone as they aren't a good shooting team...they feed off of Brown's dribble drive...need to know where he is at all times.

In summary, Texas is really down this year and I think we win given that the crowd comes out and White isn't sick and ready to go..we will need him in this one.

Iowa State 68
Texas 63

Good analysis CyCash. It'd be nice to be up by 10 with a couple minutes to play, cuz I feel like it'll finish out about a 2-4 pt game in the end. ISU 70- TU 67

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Going in with low expectations and hoping for a 40 minute effort from the team tonight. Will be there cheering as always. Have a feeling the team is going to need the crowd quite a few times to get them focused.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I expect a loss by quite a bit.....a nice topper to the last week with the bowl loss and WBB losing Schroll.

I will say a prayer.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I expect a loss by quite a bit.....a nice topper to the last week with the bowl loss and WBB losing Schroll.

I will say a prayer.
Yup. Just when we start feeling a little bit good about ourselves for any sport we are immediately brought back down to earth, usually dramatically and for quite a while. We are..... ISU.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
can someone lite a fire under the coaches , not just Fred , but asst's don't seen interested

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't think a lack of interest or focus will be a problem tonight. I don't worry about the games against the big time programs; the effort will be there for those. I worry about the very winnable games against the likes of TT and Okie State.
If the shots are falling tonight and Babb finds his stroke, I can see ISU winning a close one.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I'm nervous about this game, but have a weird feeling we'll pull out a stunner last minute...optimism! go STATE

Reactions: ajk4st8