***Official Texas postgame thread***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What did ISU show anyone today that would make you think they could beat Drake? Nothing, that's what. If that had been Drake on the court today instead of Texas, we still would have lost. Maybe by not as much, but no doubt we would have lost.

We were total garbage today folks.
So who would Vegas favor in a game? ISU or Drake?
Billion dollar hotels dont get built by them not knowing who's favored in a game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Drake? I live 5 minutes from their campus genius. I also watched them play Iowa State in Des Moines, they looked just as good as Iowa State that game.

ISU was without Wigginton and Lard was still working his way back in.

And we still won by 9.

Add Wigginton\Lard at 100% and odds are that game isn't close.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
ISU was without Wigginton and Lard was still working his way back in.

And we still won by 9.

Add Wigginton\Lard at 100% and odds are that game isn't close.
And drake doesn’t have Nick Norton anymore. That was a huge loss for them.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Good think a Royce White team didnt lose to Drake and then go and and go toe to toe for 30 minutes against one of the best teams ever in the NCAA tournament.

Lol, that Drake game was like their 2nd game playing together as an entirely new team. You are comparing that to this team who should be gelling right now with their full team, but instead look completely lost?

Lol, we lost by 16, games arent 30 minutes long. FYI, we trailed by an average of 7.3 points that entire game, 3rd worst average deficit out of 34 games that season.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who would you bet on?

It would be a really tough call for me. Drake won their conference, and right now the way ISU is playing, we could lose by 20 to just about anyone at any time.
Iowa State. Drake is over 100 spots behind ISU in Kenpom.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lol, that Drake game was like their 2nd game playing together as an entirely new team. You are comparing that to this team who should be gelling right now with their full team, but instead look completely lost?

Lol, we lost by 16, games arent 30 minutes long. FYI, we trailed by an average of 7.3 points that entire game, 3rd worst average deficit out of 34 games that season.
Take the Texas NIT bet. Stop avoiding it.

• Funny
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

kcbob79clone

Are those the same computers that had us picked as the favorite to win the league a couple weeks ago? I'll trust the eye test this time. We aren't half the team the computers think we are.

Iowa State will be used by all the talking heads as an example of how bad the NET rankings are and how they have to be changed next year.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Who is going to "buy in" to a tough man-to-man style?
If I played defense for my high school squad like Horton-Tucker does, my coach wouldn't have given me a minute of playing time.

You can't teach tough.

I disagree.
1. Give specific player assignments
2. Only allow switching in specific situations. (otherwise fight through screens)
3. Pick up assignments three point line extended
4. Overplay passing lanes.

The defensive effort looks weak because the parameter players are sagging to help in the paint too much.

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Drake is a good team, fun to watch, and an absolutely great story. Good for them.

I say this as a UNI alum and fan; the MVC is a dumpster fire this season. The UNI and Wichita State NCAA tournament teams of recent years would clean their clocks this season. H@ll, last season's Loyola team was miles better than Drake this season.

It doesn't diminish their accomplishment, especially with some injury issues and a brand new coach. ISU would still be a double digit favorite in a re-match.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Arguing for Lindell to start is a reasonable position, but your case you give above is pretty much the exact opposite of whatactually happened today. Plus outside of the two games vs OU he has struggled mightily on the defensive end.

Our +/- with LW has to be just putrid. I am not sure what you do. I know in several games our leads went long gone when LW entered the game. Baylor we were -13 when he was in in Waco. Home against TCU we were up 2 when he came in and in six minutes down 17. I am pretty sure today, when he came in we were up six and they went on a 19-3 run. In no way saying it's all his fault, all players are to blame, but those are some massive runs that happen right when he enters the game.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Our +/- with LW has to be just putrid. I am not sure what you do. I know in several games our leads went long gone when LW entered the game. Baylor we were -13 when he was in in Waco. Home against TCU we were up 2 when he came in and in six minutes down 17. I am pretty sure today, when he came in we were up six and they went on a 19-3 run. In no way saying it's all his fault, all players are to blame, but those are some massive runs that happen right when he enters the game.

Yeah. And his recent inconsistency is a microcosm of the whole team's recent inconsistency. Thing is, he has those games like @ K-State where he's the best player on the floor, so I don't know that you can get away without playing him.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah. And his recent inconsistency is a microcosm of the whole team's recent inconsistency. Thing is, he has those games like @ K-State where he's the best player on the floor, so I don't know that you can get away without playing him.

Exactly my point. What do you do? I love TH but he isn't aggressive enough or looking to score. LW is, despite some of the time being off. But LW's defense isn't as good as TH. Sucks.