CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
site.png vs doublet_for_web.png

IOWA STATE (20-11 overall (7-11 Big 12)
VS #14 Texas Tech (23-8 overall (12-6 Big 12)
THURSDAY MARCH 10TH 8:30 P.M. CT
T-Mobile Center / Kansas City, Mo.

TV: ESPN2
Talent: Jon Sciambi, pxp Fran Fraschilla, analyst Kris Budden, reporter

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (Varsity Network)
Talent: John Walters, pxp Eric Heft, analyst

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wreck the Raiders!

Really hope good Cyclones show up tonight. It's been a roller-coaster season and a lot of fun. Not over yet.

Love to win atleast one more game this season. Two more if we can pull this one off tonight.

Everything is really gravy at this point.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I see Iowa State cutting loose, reverting to non-conference form in Kansas City, and adding 3 more "quad 4" wins to its Tournament resume while crushing TxT, Baylor, and KU. This team has grown immensely in the past several weeks, and has converted enigmatic role players Robert Jones and Jaden Walker into highly effective weapons during crucial portions of games late in the conference season. Remember. too, they held the lead *twice* in the final minute on the road at Kansas, and also held a lead *twice* in the at Baylor. Those could easily have been headline upsets.

Losing to Iowa State could propel Texas Tech to the 2022 Final Four. In fact, I think that the worse that Kansas, Baylor, or Texas Tech do in the Big 12 Tournament, the better they will do in the Big Dance. Why? Because they need rest.

This season has been a real grind for the Big 12. First, there was no bye week. That is, a week with only one game, which did not also result in a week with 3 games. Several teams had 3 game weeks late in the season. But Iowa State did not, and that gives us an important, hidden advantage. It is reminiscent of the 1987 Minnesota Twins, who won 4 home games in their 1987 World Series vs St Louis. Their "hidden" advantage was that it was a rainy late season. But, since they played in a dome, they did not have to play the extra make up games late in the season that the outdoor teams had to play. That gave themthe bit of extra steam they needed.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Come on guys this is our night to PULL AN UPSET and sent the Red Raiders back to Lubbock early.

Play Defense like your Life Depended on it and Puleez, Make Some 3's!
Come on Cyclone Fans in attendance Stand and Cheer like never before and give our guys that "HILTON SOUTH" feeling once more in KC.

And remember....GO CYCLONES!!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I don't see this going very well. Not a good matchup at all with how good their defense is. To win ISU will have to go crazy from three. Also, looking at the box score at Tech it is kind of insane that Enaruna played 31 minutes in that game and now he isn't playing even one.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't see this going very well. Not a good matchup at all with how good their defense is. To win ISU will have to go crazy from three. Also, looking at the box score at Tech it is kind of insane that Enaruna played 31 minutes in that game and now he isn't playing even one.
Initially, I thought the same but Tech not only lost to TCU but KState was very close to knocking them off. Not sure if that was because McCullers (sp?) didn't play or they are more beatable than some think. Either way, I am expecting an ugly, no where to go, offensively struggle of a game. Can we win if we score 55?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Initially, I thought the same but Tech not only lost to TCU but KState was very close to knocking them off. Not sure if that was because McCullers (sp?) didn't play or they are more beatable than some think. Either way, I am expecting an ugly, no where to go, offensively struggle of a game. Can we win if we score 55?
Yeah TCU won at their place but I think TCU matches up better with their athletes than ISU. TCU also then beat KU the game after.
McCuller was out but the way KSU stayed in that game was three point shooting. if ISU can go out and hit 40 percent for the game from three then I think they have a chance.