*** Official IOWA STATE vs #14 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Good News: I have a good feeling that we will play well tonight. Different environment, Tech not playing as well lately. We have played decent down in KC lately.
Bad News: me having a good feeling about a game usually doesn't translate to success on the court.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Snydes and LLCoolCY

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
It is probably a good thing I don't participate in sports betting because I didn't understand any of that. :)
It's a bit confusing at first, but betting language becomes second nature well before you lose your house.

It's kind of like riding a bike. Once you get it, you retain it for life. Which comes in handy because you will be doing a lot of bike riding after you lose your car, too.

EDIT: Speaking of, can anybody give me a ride to KC? I can chip in w/ gas money after this 4 pt teaser hits tonight!
:jimlad:

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
It's a bit confusing at first, but betting language becomes second nature well before you lose your house.

It's kind of like riding a bike. Once you get it, you retain it for life. Which comes in handy because you will be doing a lot of bike riding after you lose your car, too.

:jimlad:
Don't forget the losing goes a lot smoother with Cody Road....

• Haha
Reactions: RezClone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It is probably a good thing I don't participate in sports betting because I didn't understand any of that. :)
It's two bets

Total on the game is 125.5
Taking the over, risk 110 to win 100 (the juice)
Money line is getting odds on betting the game without getting or giving points. We are +280 so if you risk 50 you'd win 140.
So if you lose both you'd owe 160 (-50 & -110)
If you win one you win either 30 or 50 depending on which one you win.
If you win both you'd win 240 (100 & 140)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Our side of the bracket seems much tougher than the other side.

Predict/hope KU will get smashed by whomever makes it out of bottom half.

Earlier in some prediction thread at beginning of conference season I posted KU/Refs would win regular season, Baylor would have best NCAA tournament, and ISU would win Big 12 tournament. Obviously things have been rough for us since then when we were sitting at 14-0 but I still think we're going to be a tough out.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Hope the late start doesn’t have us so tight that shooting is adversely effected

cyc26

Nov 24, 2020
Is Kevin McCullar Jr playing for TTU? I know he has been hurt recently, to me he is key to their offense.

They will always be solid on D but he is on of the players that makes the offense "go."

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Is Kevin McCullar Jr playing for TTU? I know he has been hurt recently, to me he is key to their offense.

They will always be solid on D but he is on of the players that makes the offense "go."
I believe Rothstein said earlier they aren't sure yet.

Reactions: cyc26

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron