MLB: ***Official Cubs Offseason Thread***

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Well, that's a kool-aid killer.
If I'm an agent, I need to use that as a huge bargaining chip.

"What, Jed, you want to be stuck throwing Eddie Butler out there every week?"

I get what you're saying and I'd like it a lot if the Cubs signed Darvish, but not at some ridiculous Scott Boris deal. 6 years at $180 million (or whatever it ends up being) isn't worth it.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
The cubs have made 3 straight NLCS and won a world series. They're fine.

I'm also kind of excited to see everyone healthy and refreshed, like Zobrist. He's on record saying he currently feels the best he has in 5 years. A lot of these guys, including Zobrist, have played a lot of extra, post-season baseball the past few years.

NLCS is fun but I'm talking WS. Going to be tough to continually compete with LA.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I get what you're saying and I'd like it a lot if the Cubs signed Darvish, but not at some ridiculous Scott Boris deal. 6 years at $180 million (or whatever it ends up being) isn't worth it.

Wrigley Field is a flipping small step below Disneyland now when it comes to generating revenue. I was pretty shocked at all of the changes around the stadium. (Not a huge fan of them)

Be the Yankees of the NL. Break the bank

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
So pitchers and catchers report on Tuesday.

Will we have another starter inked by then?

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Reading where the entire rotation is locked up for at least 3 years and still $15 million to spend before the luxury tax.

In 3 years some key guys will be looking to get paid. Until then it looks like the Cubs will be contenders

Help Support Us

Become a patron