****Official Class Of 2026 Recruiting Thread****

cyclonekrazie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2023
Is the first one you mentioned from Minnesota? Is that the same guy Iowa offered? The second guy you mentioned I haven't heard much about yet.
Refer to the picture on the thread to answer your first question.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Being younger than you is one thing, but then they start being younger than your kids. That's when you need to sit down for a minute and really wonder wtf happened.
What happened? I was able to be a Cyclone fan my whole adult life! It has been awesome!
I was able to see:

1) I got to see Nate Carr wrestle and win National Championships as well as the last ISU National Team Champions.

2) I saw Ron Harris limit the great Wayman Tisdale in a game ISU won. I saw Barry Stevens go point for point with Steve Alford, and Danny Manning never win a game in Hilton, and Lafester drop 54 on Iowa. And all the stars since then.

3) I attended the memorial service for the women’s cross country team killed in a plane crash and gave one of the girl’s mom a hug as I likely got the last one from her at a party a night or two earlier.

4) I saw the football team knock off Oklahoma State in bitter cold when they had the great Leslie O’Neal playing defensive tackle. I saw “The Run” from Seneca Wallace and thousands of Troy Davis yards.

5) I remember when Bill Fennely wasn’t the women’s basketball coach at Iowa State and I even reffed a WBB scrimmage on the Hilton court.

I could go on and on, but those experiences were priceless so I don’t consider myself old, but rather wonderfully experienced! Go Cyclones!

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Oh no, we have to go up against St. Thomas!

At least, I assume UST is St. Thomas. I didn't click on the link.
Sure, but a St. Tomas visit for a St. Paul player is like a Drake visit for a prospect from Des Moines. All the Twin Cities players go to the St. Thomas practices.