***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Omaha storms already hit spouse's 2025 bonus. We tend to think of CA and FL as the big weather $$ but the Midwest is gettting expensive too.
The NYT had a podcast last week that talked about how the home insurance industry was losing money in 20+ states. They also mentioned how it was hitting unexpected areas, and that example was Marshalltown.

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Since it sounds like the main event is supposed to hit central Iowa around 3pm today, I wonder if schools will still dismiss at normal time. If they do, it will be a total mess.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The NYT had a podcast last week that talked about how the home insurance industry was losing money in 20+ states. They also mentioned how it was hitting unexpected areas, and that example was Marshalltown.

The NYT................................Marshalltown???

Lions and tigers and bears......................................OH MY!

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Omaha storms already hit spouse's 2025 bonus. We tend to think of CA and FL as the big weather $$ but the Midwest is gettting expensive too.
True. The storms that went traipsing through southwest Iowa a few weeks ago wound up causing a lot of damage, even though they avoided densely populated portions of the Omaha metro.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

For property types it's the hail in particular that gets very expensive very quickly. Some insurers starting to pull out of states which is problematic if you are trying to get a bank-backed mortgage.

Just got our umbrella policy raise notice Friday.

Reactions: MJ29

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
So, still in a drought, but too much rain, so now fields are flooding. But still in a drought. Got it.
If I put a funnel in a container, then dump as much water as I can in the funnel causing it to overflow does that mean the container below is automatically full?

Last edited:

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I know I've seen this before, but I need to bookmark it. What is a website to see past radar, like last night or several days ago?