***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
What are the thoughts on Monday/Tuesday's slew of storms? NWS already has an area of slight->enhanced probabilities up for the 3 day outlook, which usually leads to an upgrade in the day 2 and day 1 outlooks.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
What are the thoughts on Monday/Tuesday's slew of storms? NWS already has an area of slight->enhanced probabilities up for the 3 day outlook, which usually leads to an upgrade in the day 2 and day 1 outlooks.
Maybe SW IA on Monday. About the same for the SE 2/3s on Tuesday.

1713035629282.png

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

If I lived in Moore/South metro OKC I would probably take a vacation for a couple days and definitely wouldn’t have the kids in school.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
It better rain Tuesday or I’m gonna look like a bit of a jackass for not planting a corn plot

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Really starting to feel like 2013 for April. Had a very early window of drier and warm weather and then rain every other day. Spots in fields that always have water in normal years are at the half full mark. Were bone dry last year.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
What's his IA superstition?

I think he just thinks that when IA is targeted in outlook areas it always busts. I’m sure he has some scientific reasoning around terrain, jet streams, thermal dynamics and whatever else PHd’s in meteorology think about. Iowa is also where he suffered a scary seizure back in 2013 so that might have something to do with it as well.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Really starting to feel like 2013 for April. Had a very early window of drier and warm weather and then rain every other day. Spots in fields that always have water in normal years are at the half full mark. Were bone dry last year.
Not sure where you are, but I’m not getting that vibe at all. Still warm and dry around Ames. 2013 didn’t see an early weekend of planting like we just saw. Seemed like almost everyone was rolling. Need rain badly again, home this one doesn’t miss us.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Not sure where you are, but I’m not getting that vibe at all. Still warm and dry around Ames. 2013 didn’t see an early weekend of planting like we just saw. Seemed like almost everyone was rolling. Need rain badly again, home this one doesn’t miss us.
Yeah, here in eastern Iowa we’ve had a few nice rains but every bit of it soaked in. Streams and rivers are still very low. I know south of here there were lingering puddles last week because the ground couldn’t hold any more, but that’s not the case around CR.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
MN border. We had a couple days in2013 when a few could go. I’m sitting on this wave, 20s with rain this Thursday and Friday doesn’t excite me. Had to level some on Thursday for pumpers and I thought there was more moisture than I cared for to do that no dust either.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch