***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Why?

There were 5 openings going into the portal.

The priorities were Jackson (done), Heise (done), Hadley and Kyle.

The 5th spot should be considered solely for depth (you can't play 13 guys) - someone who can come in if absolutely needed to defend and give 5 fouls against a dominant post.
The big question...where will Hawley sit? Will he still be around?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Correct Hadley and Milan can play minutes at the PF when ISU wants to go small... but ISU really needs Jefferson or Kyle as a PF option for big matchups we know KU/UCF/Cinci,AZ will bring.
Small lineup: Milan starting at SF and Hadley starting at PF like King did this year to start. Either Jefferson/Kyle being first off the bench for Hadley/Jackson Rock filling in the left over C min.
Go big Hadley can move to SF for Milan 5/50 and then go big with Kyle/Jefferson at PF and Jefferson/Rock at C.
Granted it is never that clear but it allows for versatile matchup based lineups for almost all potential opponents.
Who's Jefferson?

Reactions: Aclone

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

He has two years. Looks like the patern is to go after at least two year players. I don't think TJ and the rest want one year guys as much as possible. I am sure we would take one if needed. Just seem to concentrate on the two year guys

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
William Kyle from SDSU did a campus visit in Lincoln earlier this week, but did not commit before he left. Prior to that visit the "internet consensus" (randos on twitter) were assuming he'd go to Nebraska, but since he didn't commit during his visit, the consensus has changed to better chances for ISU. But as far as I can tell it's all just tea leaf reading by people on twitter with no real info
Sounds to me like the odds are long with Kyle. Not committing to Nebraska may have something to do with Iowa State, sure, but could also be other schools (still playing or gathering cash) out there on him.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Sounds to me like the odds are long with Kyle. Not committing to Nebraska may have something to do with Iowa State, sure, but could also be other schools (still playing or gathering cash) out there on him.
With his teammate going to KU, wonder if he is trying to convince Kyle to become a Jayhawk.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA

I really hope we land Jefferson. I have read he is a lock down defender and a decent scorer. Creighton scares me a little with the NIL for basketball. I know Jefferson is from Vegas and would have been in high school for two years while TJ was the UNLV coach. Hope he has a connection with him.

Reactions: Letterkenny