Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
  • Dislike
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

paysclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 3, 2006
I think TJ sees this guy as a perfect complement to Jackson & hopefully Kyle. Not a big name but has a lot of experience and solid inside game. Obviously highlights don't show much of his defense but if he's being considered, he's prob good to go. I'm not sure he'd be a replacement for Kyle if TJ misses on Kyle. That'd prob be the St. Marys fellow. Good insurance if Rock isn't quite ready for Big 12.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I was thinking this person would be clearly behind Rock - unless he's not ready
What I'm saying is
Jackson gets 25 @ 5
Kyle 15 @ 5 & 10 @ 4

As the season progresses
Rock gets those backup minutes @ 5
Kyle's minutes increase @ 4

Basically we'd have a 4/5 rotation of
Jackson
Kyle
Hadley

Then spot minutes ( up to 10 )
For Watson or Rock

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I realize roster is always adjustable with the portal. But with 2 HS commits and a few other guys we have recruited hard that are uncommitted. I wonder if TJ still considers portal player eligibility?

Heise- 2 years
Jackson - 2 years
Hadley - 1 year
???? - 1 year

Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
What I'm saying is
Jackson gets 25 @ 5
Kyle 15 @ 5 & 10 @ 4

As the season progresses
Rock gets those backup minutes @ 5
Kyle's minutes increase @ 4

Basically we'd have a 4/5 rotation of
Jackson
Kyle
Hadley

Then spot minutes ( up to 10 )
For Watson or Rock
I think Rock will be better than most everybody on here thinks - apparently. Practice wise he is a sophomore, age wise a freshman. Time will tell - I guess.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I realize roster is always adjustable with the portal. But with 2 HS commits and a few other guys we have recruited hard that are uncommitted. I wonder if TJ still considers portal player eligibility?

Heise- 2 years
Jackson - 2 years
Hadley - 1 year
???? - 1 year

I absolutely think in the case of Heise part of the pitch was he can play a complimentary role on a winning team next year and then be a bigger piece the following year. He has explicitly stated wanting to play 2 more years in college.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Explain please.
William Kyle from SDSU did a campus visit in Lincoln earlier this week, but did not commit before he left. Prior to that visit the "internet consensus" (randos on twitter) were assuming he'd go to Nebraska, but since he didn't commit during his visit, the consensus has changed to better chances for ISU. But as far as I can tell it's all just tea leaf reading by people on twitter with no real info

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is everybody else going to assume that Bronny James is the secret transfer that keeps getting whispered about? His link to ISU is that USC's colors are kind of similar.

• Creative
Reactions: CyclonesRock

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We need a 4 regardless of what Hadley does.
He does not fill that need.
Correct Hadley and Milan can play minutes at the PF when ISU wants to go small... but ISU really needs Jefferson or Kyle as a PF option for big matchups we know KU/UCF/Cinci,AZ will bring.
Small lineup: Milan starting at SF and Hadley starting at PF like King did this year to start. Either Jefferson/Kyle being first off the bench for Hadley/Jackson Rock filling in the left over C min.
Go big Hadley can move to SF for Milan 5/50 and then go big with Kyle/Jefferson at PF and Jefferson/Rock at C.
Granted it is never that clear but it allows for versatile matchup based lineups for almost all potential opponents.

Reactions: STLISU