***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Why is there a confident assumption that an incoming transfer, that has yet to prove themselves in an Iowa State uniform and shown a buy-in to the culture, would be gifted the minutes of a starter?
I don’t think anyone is “gifted” in this program. Whichever combination of players who play the best as a group will start. But, I can see saving a player to sub so production doesn’t go down when a starter is resting.

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I don’t think anyone is “gifted” in this program. Whichever combination of players who play the best as a group will start. But, I can see saving a player to sub so production doesn’t go down when starter is resting.
I believe the ISU MBB team played a whole year without a "player of the week". No "gifted" players but a gifted team.

Last edited:

Hubbs4cy

Oct 10, 2023
That’s not at all what I said but keep putting words in peoples mouths. You asked a question and I gave you my answer.

I was not even speaking about Milan specifically.

This was your question for reference:

“Why is there a confident assumption that an incoming transfer, that has yet to prove themselves in an Iowa State uniform and shown a buy-in to the culture, would be gifted the minutes of a starter?”
But that's what I was talking about and you responded to it. The idea that Milan will be a bench role player because of the transfers coming in. Pay attention to what you're responding to.

Hubbs4cy

Oct 10, 2023
I don’t think anyone is “gifted” in this program. Whichever combination of players who play the best as a group will start. But, I can see saving a player to sub so production doesn’t go down when starter is resting.
I agree, but to me that's a very different discussion than Milan will be a bench player next year because of the transfers.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Also, if anyone thinks Heise is starting over Milan they’re insane. Or we just got one of the best poets pick ups of all time.

Reactions: Hubbs4cy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Also, if anyone thinks Heise is starting over Milan they’re insane. Or we just got one of the best poets pick ups of all time.
Do you think Jones could?

Something like this
Lipsey
Gilbert
Jones
Hadley
Jackson

Bench
Heise
Momcilovic
Watson
Kyle

It truly is going to be, it's not who you start type of roster next year. Or someone may start just to avoid the constant questions then sub at first whistle. Kinda pointless to worry about Something that really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
See you agree with me
If you’re talking about starting yes. Eating into minutes is completely different.

You’re also trying to debate when I was simply answering your question as posed.

And putting more words in my mouth.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Do you think Jones could?

Something like this
Lipsey
Gilbert
Jones
Hadley
Jackson

Bench
Heise
Momcilovic
Watson
Kyle

It truly is going to be, it's not who you start type of roster next year. Or someone may start just to avoid the constant questions then sub at first whistle. Kinda pointless to worry about Something that really doesn't matter.
Do I think he COULD? Of course. His performance late in the year was fantastic. He may like coming off the bench so long as he gets starter minutes. Who knows.

If he did start I would think Milan starts at the 4. I just don’t see TJ moving Milan to the bench.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Do I think he COULD? Of course. His performance late in the year was fantastic. He may like coming off the bench so long as he gets starter minutes. Who knows.

If he did start I would think Milan starts at the 4. I just don’t see TJ moving Milan to the bench.
That's all I said, and that it really doesn't matter.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I still have nightmares where I’m failing library 160 and never found the room to take the final. I feel like that dream happens once every year or so.
Mine is a memory and not a nightmare, I showed up and found out it was a 1/2 quarter class and it ended the week before I showed up! I passed out of it my last quarter because it was required to graduate!

I know I am old when I talk about quarters.

Reactions: Sevey

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Some people just make it hard to agree with.
Let’s recap this conversation.

Someone asks why people on here think transfers are going to get minutes that may otherwise go to a starter?

I respond that it’s because of the assumption that players are not inclined to leave a team where they’re getting big minutes (like Heise at over 30 per game for UNi) to come to a different team where they are hardly going to see the court.

Someone then jumps to me suggesting Heise is going to start over Milan (which I never implied at all).

To you asking a completely unrelated question as to whether I think Curtis Jones could start.

To which I respond of course he could based on his performance.

To you being a **** again like usual.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron