***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Let’s recap this conversation.

Someone asks why people on here think transfers are going to get minutes that may otherwise go to a starter?

I respond that it’s because of the assumption that players are not inclined to leave a team where they’re getting big minutes (like Heise at over 30 per game for UNi) to come to a different team where they are hardly going to see the court.

Someone then jumps to me suggesting Heise is going to start over Milan (which I never implied at all).

To you asking a completely unrelated question as to whether I think Curtis Jones could start.

To which I respond of course he could based on his performance.

To you being a **** again like usual.
Please enlighten me as to exactly what I said that offended your snowflake ass? Just like who starts, it really doesn't matter. I'm just curious as to what exactly caused you to resort to name calling?

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Please enlighten me as to exactly what I said that offended your snowflake ass? Just like who starts, it really doesn't matter. I'm just curious as to what exactly caused you to resort to name calling?
I’m not offended. Just annoyed that you want to debate things that were never said. Like I never said that Heise was going to start over Milan nor did I even mention Curtis Jones nor did I ever suggest that who starts matters more than who finishes or ultimately gets more minutes.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’m not offended. Just annoyed that you want to debate things that were never said. Like I never said that Heise was going to start over Milan nor did I even mention Curtis Jones nor did I ever suggest that who starts matters more than who finishes or ultimately gets more minutes.
And you're so immature that you're incapable of doing it without name calling? Not that it hurts my feelings, but it speaks volumes to your intellect.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
And you're so immature that you're incapable of doing it without name calling? Not that it hurts my feelings, but it speaks volumes to your intellect.
You are right. You are an intellectual giant and the rest of us should just be graced with your presence. Please continue picking phantom fights on message boards.

• Dumb
Reactions: quasistellar

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Tamin/Keshon/Curtis/Milan only had to play ~25 mins/game next year instead of ~30 (assuming it's accompanied by winning). That kind of depth would be a real luxury.

My limited experience with power-5 basketball players is that regardless of the situation they're coming into, they all think they're going to be a starter/star, they all think they're going pro, etc. It's just the mindset of athletes at this level.

Reactions: Psiclone

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Y'know, I love old school message boards for this exact kind of thing.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Why is there a confident assumption that an incoming transfer, that has yet to prove themselves in an Iowa State uniform and shown a buy-in to the culture, would be gifted the minutes of a starter?
Gifted minutes of a starter ?

You’re making **** up and not understanding basic math

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
So you're trying to say with a straight face that TJ sat Milan down and told him you're no longer a starter and your minutes are cut in half because I promised this kid that started at an average school your playing time?
Not at all.

It’s been stated Milan isn’t a lock to start, and could lose minutes if we land our top transfer targets. That’s significantly different than what you’re posting.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why is there a confident assumption that an incoming transfer, that has yet to prove themselves in an Iowa State uniform and shown a buy-in to the culture, would be gifted the minutes of a starter?
When you lose all three of your bigs it's assumed the transfer bigs we sign will fill those minutes.

My assumption on Heise is Paveletzke played 10 minutes a game, if Heise can give us a solid 20 we're better because the returning guards can sit a little more.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Curtis jones is the question…. Is he fine coming off the bench first at 16 minute timeout, like he did this year? He was spectacular in that role