***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
To that end - I was surprised that Nate Oats pulled Grant Nelson from NDSU last year. As a native North Dakotan, it's really surprising to me that he didn't stay in the midwest.
I suppose sometimes the money is too good to pass up. Knecht too. North Dakota kid who went to Northern Colorado and transferred to Tennessee

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Okay folks who follow UNI...how good is Nate Heise? Seems like he is a similar player to J'Vonne Hadley. Id imagine we take one of the two? Cant imagine both.

I don't follow either team......but seen both. I would go with Hadley, because he can flat shoot. But that's just me.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Feel like you take both. Both can play a couple spots. You take as many guard/wings as you can.
Even if they are similar in size, I don't think they are really similar players - especially in the Big XII.

Heise is probably more of a 3-pt shooter. He did take more 2s than 3s this year, but looking at the highlight film, I'm not sure how that part translates to the BigXII against bigger players and a crowded lane. He did average 2.4 assists - I'd think of him as a replacement for Pav. He has the size and strength, but I think it'd be a bit of a wait-and-see to see how well he adapts to the defense as well, especially from a quickness and positioning perspective

Hadley is more of a slasher / wing player. He's really well built and looks like he plays taller than he is. Only 18% of his shots were from 3, and the highlight clip showed good footwork in the post and a good knack for posting up smaller players / playing around the rim. He'd be more of a replacement for Omaha, I think. He also averaged 2.4 assists and 1.2 steals per game, so he's a good passer and looks like he could be a top notch defender in our system if he bought in.

both of them rebound really well for their size at over 6 per game.

So I don't see any issue taking both (but if I had to chose, I'm taking Hadley every time)

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
it’s looking more like 3 guard lineup with milan sliding into the 4 starting position with all the portal news
Could really go small and space the floor with Lipsey, Keshon, Jones, Heise and Milan. Probably get killed on the boards but would be fun lol

Last edited:

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This is inaccurate. On both.
Maybe but that came from the staff so I'm assuming if anybody knows, it's them.

The amount of cash that Belmont has access to is staggering for the mid-major level from all accounts. They probably aren't long for The Valley. The A10 is going to want into Nashville and institutionally Belmont fits that league like a glove.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Maybe but that came from the staff so I'm assuming if anybody knows, it's them.

The amount of cash that Belmont has access to is staggering for the mid-major level from all accounts. They probably aren't long for The Valley. The A10 is going to want into Nashville and institutionally Belmont fits that league like a glove.

Drake, Bradley, the rest

• Wow
Reactions: Letterkenny

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Doesn't matter, different position different roles.
FWIW Heise will commit to us this week, Hadley is currently visiting Michigan state but I think he’s ours to lose, I just find it interesting the last guy said Hadley can flat out score when Heise put up better scoring numbers, albeit at a “lower” level