***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
From a 2-22 team to this (blurb copied from Thehoosier.com):

View attachment 126720

More evidence that as things evolve, mid major conferences are going to benefit in the quality of young players they will recruit from high school/transferring down to work with, P5 conferences get the benefit of taking the cream of the crop when they get older. Players get opportunities to play and develop and maybe even earn some money along the way. This is not all bad all the time. Just different.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I can't share the number but it's certainly more than the average college student is making working a fairly regular job while going to school.

We believe UNI has the best or second best funded collective in the Valley (Belmont).

This is where a school like UNI has to thrive. Go get the skilled player who was buried on a depth chart. Get them some money with the understanding they'll have the opportunity to show their skills and maybe then seek out a bigger payday in a year or two.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is where a school like UNI has to thrive. Go get the skilled player who was buried on a depth chart. Get them some money with the understanding they'll have the opportunity to show their skills and maybe then seek out a bigger payday in a year or two.

We aren’t far off from big schools stashing guys at smaller schools.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Okay folks who follow UNI...how good is Nate Heise? Seems like he is a similar player to J'Vonne Hadley. Id imagine we take one of the two? Cant imagine both.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I was thinking about this earlier but honestly having really strong mid-major programs near us going forward is going to be really helpful for ISU. We want Northern Iowa and Drake to be strong and develop good players. SDSU as well. Then it almost becomes a two way street between us and them when we have guys that can't quite cut it here.

Reactions: Letterkenny

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I was thinking about this earlier but honestly having really strong mid-major programs near us going forward is going to be really helpful for ISU. We want Northern Iowa and Drake to be strong and develop good players. SDSU as well. Then it almost becomes a two way street between us and them when we have guys that can't quite cut it here.
To that end - I was surprised that Nate Oats pulled Grant Nelson from NDSU last year. As a native North Dakotan, it's really surprising to me that he didn't stay in the midwest.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife