***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Omaha came to ISU with a strong reason being it was close to his family right?
WV would be interesting in that sense.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
No telling who these kids have in their ears so he could be getting any kind of advice - good or bad.

But if he has any self awareness whatsoever he knows his lack of playing time this year has little to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with him. He just wasn’t ready.

The three senior bigs were certainly a part of it and the composition of the team is obviously changing next year.

Stated differently, if he doesn’t improve over the summer I don’t know that he’s getting any more playing time or development at WVU (or any other P5 team for that matter) than he would here.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Feels like if Omaha and his people think he can get the best exposure by playing in college, in the Big 12, next year then staying at ISU seems like it’d be a better option than WVU

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
DeVries is a good coach, but I think untested with developing bigs. Otz has shown he can develop them. You never know how it ends up, but it'd be a bit puzzling if that's the move.
Darnell Brodie could barely run when he got to Drake and left an All League player.

Nick McGlynn played 9 minutes a game before DeVries got that job and was 2nd team all league the next year.

Reactions: NENick and Messi

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It’s the next day. They still will all sit down and meet with the coaches. That’s when kids hit the portal
It feels like everyone was locked in with this team, so it seems likely that anyone thinking about leaving would at least listen to TJ’s explanation of their role next year.

I’m guessing it’s possible that someone will want more than his assessment will give them. We’ll see.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Ugh, that bench needs work-counting on major minutes from Omaha and Rock is less than ideal.
I don’t see TJ going much deeper than an 8 man rotation starting in January. Jackson’s ability to stay out of foul trouble will be key as young centers can take awhile to develop. But otherwise this is a solid rotation.

If Curtis Jones plays next year like he did second half of this year we’re one of the best back courts in the country. Had he played this way all year we win that Thanksgiving tourney and are a #1 seed in the West or #2 in the Midwest probably playing tomorrow or Sunday.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don’t see TJ going much deeper than an 8 man rotation starting in January. Jackson’s ability to stay out of foul trouble will be key as young centers can take awhile to develop. But otherwise this is a solid rotation.

If Curtis Jones plays next year like he did second half of this year we’re one of the best back courts in the country. Had he played this way all year we win that Thanksgiving tourney and are a #1 seed in the West or #2 in the Midwest probably playing tomorrow or Sunday.

It’s not the numbers- it’s the quality of the bench, or lack thereof. Particularly the bigs. It has Jones, then a lot of guys that are question marks

Imo we don’t want to go into next year counting on Omaha/Rock playing 20 min/gm. Or being one injury away from those two needing to combine for 40 minutes

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
It’s not the numbers- it’s the quality of the bench, or lack thereof. Particularly the bigs. It has Jones, then a lot of guys that are question marks

Imo we don’t want to go into next year counting on Omaha/Rock playing 20 min/gm. Or being one injury away from those two needing to combine for 40 minutes
Only difference between this year and last is Rock versus Ward. Which is likely a downgrade based on what we know right now. But if people are optimistic about Omaha, Ward, Fish, Industratis, Hamilton and perhaps another transfer that is not a significant drop off.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Only difference between this year and last is Rock versus Ward. Which is likely a downgrade based on what we know right now. But if people are optimistic about Omaha, Ward, Fish, Industratis, Hamilton and perhaps another transfer that is not a significant drop off.
That’s a huge difference. We had three proven post players. Going into next year with Jackson and then needing massive improvement from Omaha, or an 18 year old to be Big 12 starter level (like Ward was) is to be avoided

The other big difference is next year is a great opportunity. Get a bet bench better than last year.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So what do you know about Rock that makes him a downgrade? I'm asking because all I know about him is what I saw in highlights ( 7'1, good range, decent post moves ) and he gave up his senior year of HS to prepare to be a contributor.

This speculation is akin to the Momcilovic is too slow to guard anyone. I'm not going to call it out but we know where this assumption is coming from.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Espn just put out an article about the top 50 transfers. It has alot of guys I've never even heard of but no Jackson.

By his numbers and other offers I figured he'd be in the Top 10-20.
He isn’t in the top 75 on the Athletic either. I would question whether they were really offers.
Doesn’t really matter anyway. It’s about fit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron